How Much Food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brian

Reaction score
Our 6 Platys seem to be doing fine and the test measurements also seem to be good. The question that I have is how much food consitutes Pinch !

There are a couple of stories which say, only feed what will be eaten in two minutes, one which says 5 and one which says a couple of flakes per fish....

Anybody got any ideas ?

thanks,

Brian.

PS I think we may be Parents soon, after three kids, I thought we were finished with this, oh well, at least fish don't need nappies ! :what:

Well I hope it's not the flakes I get, cos I buy the 6kg boxes of the stuff and it's huge.. :0
A pinch is just a normal amount :what: Not to big and not to small. I'd say time dose not matter. Just watch and see if they eat it all, if so add a bit more then until they leave some, thats when they've had enough. After a while you'll get to know how much they take. :)

Congrats on the news. It must be this board. I was a dad (again) last August, Gaza was a dad in Dec. and Rose just a few weeks ago :blush:

That's more or less what we were doing with the food, although it's reassuring to know that it's OK.

On the parents thing - I hope you picked me up wrongly ! I'm talking fishy babies !! :0 Our youngest, of three kids, my daughter has only just turned one and it's waaaaaaaaay too soon to be thinking about more !

Congratulations on the platies I find them great fun!! I have 4 platy babies from 2 births and i have read they give 30 from each birth. This is odd because one guppy gave birth to about 40 and they are all still in the tank and their smaller than the platies so maybe it was my platies first pregnancy and .'. smaller ? I don't think they ate them all cause my platies are quite small.

I now have about 40 baby fish I hope my tank will not become overstocked!! I will sell them when they are 1". My tank is 36X12X15 (only 13 actual with water).

I have 6 platies 3 guppies 3 baby platies (about 2cm) and approx. 40 baby guppies (1cm) I also have 1 ancistrus and 1 small pleco and 4 applesnails!! The babies are cool I selected some ones already to keep which look unusual and of course the very first one, a red wagtail platy the only one from its batch!

Hope things will be ok!

William

We'd just as soon not have any baby fish at the moment, but like all our kiddies, if it happens, it happens....and we'll worry about it when and if it does...We got two red wagtail platy's and 4 Mickey Mouse ones, of course the kids love the Mickey Mouse one's.......

Have your mickey mouse ones grown their ears yet?

hehe

:) William

You mean they grow ears as well............:)

:laugh: Na...
The black spots on the tail.
Those are what give it it's name if you havent guessed yet. Sometimes when there young they don't have the two black spots on the tail. :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back