How Much Do I Feed My Crayfish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anto26

Reaction score
Hello, 

I just got a new crayfish about 1.5 weeks ago and I've been feeding it 1 shrimp pellet every other day, and a piece of lettuce very Saturday. Is this good? If it isn't, how much and how often should I feed it?

Thanks,
Anto

BTW It's a electric blue crayfish.

It all depends on how big the pellets are. I give my crayfish a pinch of pellets every day and remove whatever she hasn't eaten after half an hour. You can also give it bloodworms, algae wafers (although Nyxie isn't too fond of them), I also give her turtle pellets which my turtles refuse to eat.

Lettuce isn't bad, but it holds no nutritional value. You're much better off giving your cray some blanched zuchinni, cucumber or even carrot. I remember we used to give Sebastian, the cray I had when I was 3, tomatoes. He loved the little cherry tomatoes when they were cut in half. He used to kick the halves around in his tank and then eat them.

I've also found that Nyxie likes to munch on aquarium plants. I chuck a handful of "old" (old meaning they're not a bright green and more of a dull, dark green) Elodea into her tank and she gobbles up what she can. Or just rips it apart. 
rofl.gif

Most reactions

trending

Back