How much chlorine could a fish take and am i dosing right?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joeyr188

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, so I have a question when I add water to my tank I dose the amount of the tank but should I Or should I dose the amount of the bucket same goes when I change water should I dose the amount of tank or the volume of water I add back?

If you're dosing the bucket before adding water to the tank, just dose the amount recommended on the container and stir thoroughly. If filling tank with a hose, they recommend dosing the amount stated on container for the entire volume of the tank....minus the substrate and ornaments volume.

Fish do not do well if the water is not properly dechlorinated.

To add - when using a bucket to refill, add water conditioner to every bucketful at the dose rate for the amount of water in the bucket.

For example, if you need to add 20 gallons new water using a 5 gallon bucket, that's 4 buckets of 5 gallons. Add the amount of water conditioner to treat 5 gallons to each of the 4 bucketfuls.

Hello, so I have a question when I add water to my tank I dose the amount of the tank but should I Or should I dose the amount of the bucket same goes when I change water should I dose the amount of tank or the volume of water I add back?
Add the correct amount for each bucket and stir before use. It is best to dose as the water is being added if you use a hose. To answer the title of your post: None. Your fish should not be exposed to any chlorine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back