How many pellets should I give for two Goldfish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ptsteve97

Reaction score
I have two (male and female) Sarasa Comet Goldfish in a 15+ gallon tank (Will purchase bigger tank in the future.)
I always give them fish pellets 3 - 5 times a day. The pellet is around 2mm.
However, they always seem hungry.
They frequently digging on the sand, destroy new leaves on my Anubias and root of Salvinia Ariculata.
They also eat their own eggs.
So, how many pellet should I give for each meal?
I also give them small cube of cucumbers (Smaller than their mouth), but they doesn't seem to like it that much.
What other food can I give them instead of the fish pellet?

Feed them only 1 or 2 times a day. 2 or 3 pellets each.

Hmm, I think 2 - 3 pellet might not be enough for them. They are a big fish though. I worried that they will die if given too much, or too less.

How large are they right now? Mine are huge and I give them about 15 pellets twice daily. There are 3 in their so roughly 5 pellets each, 3 times a day. Goldfish don’t have stomachs so their tummy isn’t hungry. Just their nature to dig and look.

How large are they right now? Mine are huge and I give them about 15 pellets twice daily. There are 3 in their so roughly 5 pellets each, 3 times a day. Goldfish don’t have stomachs so their tummy isn’t hungry. Just their nature to dig and look.

Edit: that’s what I feed my fancies. My comets are in a pond so I feed them floating pellets. I throw a handful in morning and night. There are 3 in there. One is now a foot long.

Mine are around 8 and 10 inches. I wonder what kinds of fish pellet brands are the best? I give them cheap pellets. But, I love the fish since I taking care of them for a long time now. So, I want to give them the best food, with a lot of variety.

Wow, growing that large in such a small tank is amazing. They need a much, much. Larger tank. 100G+. New Life Spectrum Goldfish Large Pellet is good. Make sure it’s Large Pellet though. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back