How Many Panda Corys?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

maxh8293

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a recently cycled ten gallon tank (moderately planted) whose current inhabitants are three panda corys. Sometimes they hang out together and sometimes they don't. Would anyone recommend adding a fourth, or should I leave it at three? Bear in mind I'm probably also going to add a betta at some point. Thanks.

Corys prefer being in groups of 6 or more, I have 8 in my tank and am about to rise it to 12. But your tank is quite small.

A ten gallon would be fine for 6 pandas and a betta. (I wouldn't add more than that to the tank though.) Pandas only grow to about 1.5 inches, so they are very small compared to other corydoras species.  They also prefer a fine substrate that they can move with their barbels and mouths, basically - sand.

Make sure that you use sinking food for the pandas and floating food for the betta.  A few floating plants would be appreciated by the betta (and to a lesser extent the cories, and some caves, planted plants would be appreciated by the pandas.  Having some natural cover makes them feel more secure and you will actually see them behaving "naturally" more frequently.

surely their growth would be stunted?

my panda babies stopped growing in my 18gallon (60cm long) tank, until i moved them to larger tank.

chokko said:
surely their growth would be stunted?

my panda babies stopped growing in my 18gallon (60cm long) tank, until i moved them to larger tank.
If you don't mind me asking, how many did you have in the 18 gallon? And were there any other fish?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back