How Many No Longer Like Black Ops

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
it doesnt matter now, theres a 'Nam download for bad company 2. and it means you can fly a huey listening to 'ride of the valkyries', or drive a tank listening to 'fortunate son', amongst other great tunes.

im loving it.

The Source engine is approaching 6 years old, and it still runs good looking and advanced games.
Bad Company 2 is brilliant, CoD is not better, it's just a very different game. The latest PC patch has fixed all the issues for 99% of people. There is NO LAG, AT ALL on PC. The variation of weapons is good, gamemodes are good, maps are good, there is nothing wrong with this simple, fun shooter.

Lobby problems - Don't exist on PC.
Lag - Nope, on PC.
Shot detection? - You mean hit registration? The hitboxes are absolutely fine, I've never heard any complaints about them.

Also, BFBC2 Console: Max 24 players, PC: Max 32 players :)
yeah, sorry there. BLOPs is broke on the PS3. Xbox and PC seem fine. (well they aint broke, just not too good)
but paying for a pc that will run BLOPs, is a bit steep, compared to a console. thing is though, when BLOPs2 is released, (I know there wont be one) you will find your PC isnt up to it. if its written properly, it will run fine on a console. so no cost for a console owner, quite a large bill for the PC owner. i agree its the best platform (MAC possibly?) for games, it always has been. but its not practical, cost wise, for mere mortals to afford. and check BFBC2 out on pc. graphics, along with superior game play, make it a WOW.
it doesnt matter now, theres a 'Nam download for bad company 2. and it means you can fly a huey listening to 'ride of the valkyries', or drive a tank listening to 'fortunate son', amongst other great tunes.

im loving it.

lol, true.
mind you your huey gets shot down by a clip and a half, from an M16! fine addition this.
just wish EA could get their game together with servers. no hours, kills or awards since before "nam", was released.

Don't really see why people are laying into Black ops, the game has a few bugs, but overall it's still a good game. Hell even the PS3 version isn't too bad.

I'll agree the bullet damage isn't reliable, sometimes your gun is overpowered other times it might aswell be an airgun, but if this got fixed then things would be good. And the levels in general are fine.

I think the problem mainly lies in the players, everyone camps in the same areas so everyone fights over said area. Bloody campers.

Don't really see why people are laying into Black ops, the game has a few bugs, but overall it's still a good game. Hell even the PS3 version isn't too bad.

I'll agree the bullet damage isn't reliable, sometimes your gun is overpowered other times it might aswell be an airgun, but if this got fixed then things would be good. And the levels in general are fine.

I think the problem mainly lies in the players, everyone camps in the same areas so everyone fights over said area. Bloody campers.

Do you not find the spawn system utterly vile. I have spawned so many times side by side with a member of the opposite team that it is untrue.

Sure MW2 has some of these issues but at least it is fun to play. I found myself playing only in hardcore mode on black ops just to get some realism and I still found too many issues to take away the fun factor.

I was watching my step son play tonight and it reminded me after three weeks away from it.

The sounds are naff, the hit register is pathetic and the chopper gunner is just plain stupid to name but a few major issues

Do you not find the spawn system utterly vile. I have spawned so many times side by side with a member of the opposite team that it is untrue.

I was watching my step son play tonight and it reminded me after three weeks away from it.

The sounds are naff, the hit register is pathetic and the chopper gunner is just plain stupid to name but a few major issues

You bring up many true points.

The chopper gunner is a little overpowered, just a bit. lots.
I often spawn near to enemies, but I figured thats to give you a shot at revenge (though spawning a tad further away wouldn't go amiss)
The hit register I think is fine, just damage seems to fluctuate.

The game itself isn't naff.. they just need to get off their #14### and fix the problems. Then it'll be a first class shooter.

And I gave up on MW2, too many snipers, far too many snipers.

The game itself isn't naff.. they just need to get off their #14### and fix the problems. Then it'll be a first class shooter.

People are "laying into" it (many are die-hard COD fans) because it doesn't work. after all, shouldn't it work, when you first buy it? ( honestly, sometime i think we've all be lulled into thinking that the "MS way", faulty software sold and fixed over time, is the norm.) its an indication the problem is 'inherent'. it will be patched, but never fixed.
I agree though, the SP game is good (if a regurgitation of old COD titles). thing is though, things have moved on, COD hasn't.

all i can say is, of the 30 friends who dropped BFBC2 for BLOPs, all but 2 are now back. quite a few have traded in the game. checking last night, 17 friends on, none playing BLOPs, 14 playing BFBC2, 2 on GT5, the balance, trying to make their minds up.

I'm just glad i had access, without paying first.

The game is terrible IMO, poor hit detection, all the guns sound naff, air support sounds naff, terrible spawning, horrible graphics, shotguns are worthless, connection issues...the list goes on.

They've tried to balance the guns and knifing, and as a result, the game has suffered IMO

Back to MW2 for me

The game is terrible IMO, poor hit detection, all the guns sound naff, air support sounds naff, terrible spawning, horrible graphics, shotguns are worthless, connection issues...the list goes on.

They've tried to balance the guns and knifing, and as a result, the game has suffered IMO

Back to MW2 for me

think yourself lucky guy. someone bought me Medal of Honour, thinking i wanted it. even though i was involved in the 'open and closed' betas, i still hate it. aha well, its the though that counts.

Black Ops like MW2 is poor, for a number of reasons I will list why I hate both but more specifically Black Ops. Unfortunately my flat mates love it and I prefer real war games like the classics of BF2 and BF2142.

1) Matchmaking hasn't improved at all, you get a laggy person hosting you then rearrange for a new host and then you wait through all the loading screens only to get "Error game session ended" and you have to start again. This can go on for many times before anything happens.

2) Lag... Lagging even when everyones connection is apparently fine, you nail the crap out of someone and nothing happens they turn around and then teleport (lag) around you and knife you.

3) Knifing... It's a knife... not a bloodly lance! Over powered and more useful than a gun in close range, you also don't take and speed reduction whilst being shot. Pretty sure being shot in the face or chest would prevent me running across a room dolphin diving to knife someone.

4) Perks... Always hated them always will, I love the attachment system but hate perks, how is increased sponge properties to absorb bullets fair? After all half your bullets claim to hit but never do.

5) Hit box, the hit box on BO is absolutely appualing, both me and my friends have experimented with this trying to shoot each other finding that you can one shot someone by aiming near them and not even touch their body and others you can shoot them and nothing.

6) Bullet stopping power, Some weapons specifically shotguns can sometimes snipe people and other times you can pump 3 rounds into someone point blank and nothing, Rifles can be just as poor you can use a high powered rifle shoot someone who should die instead without damage or movement issues which they should suffer from they aim up and one hit you from the other side of the map with an SMG.

7) RDX Remote control car... what were they thinking? How pathetic is that, not only does the idea of a remote control car suck it is even worse that with the hitbox issues you can't even accurately destroy one you just have to spray at it.

8) Kill streaks... you are rewarding people who are absolutely demolishing other players with something so overpowered you may as well just give them the tactical nuclear missile. It should be the other way round, those who aren't doing so well receive a boost otherwise you just end up with people on 15.50 K/Dr

9) KillCam... From the hundreds of games I've played I can honestly say about 99% of kills on the killcam aren't legitimate kills and the final few shots are sprayed miles away from the dying person yet again proving the hit box sucks.

10) It's purely a MW2 Mod, little game designing needed.

11) Extortionately expensive for a game in which you probably already own over half of the coding (MW2) can be priced averagely around £45 in the stores.

12) Only a few maps, and some very poorly designed ones.

13) Shooting through objects, anyone noticed you can't shoot through the projector on the Japanese/Korean map? You can shoot through cement blocks and walls in some maps but you can't shoot through a flimsy projector casing. You can shoot through glass windows but trying to kill someone through a car window is too much to ask for.

14) One I've always hated is the hell system, it's a bit like Halos in the fact that there is no health more of a "I'll absorb bullets until the server decides I die" which results in people absorbing entire clips before dying.

15) Crosshair hit, rarely does your crosshair hit sign actually mean you hit. You can see this on your death where you are shown on the killcam, the person killing you rarely ever gets hit even though your HUD was spamming "X X XX X XX" to show you had hit.

16) Really low life expectancy on this game though.

17) Still can't change kits in a game, you end up having 30 seconds to recustomise a bunch of kits or face sitting out of match making and going through the endless loop of changing hosts and being disconnected.

18) Still... I can invite friends to my party and they are normally randomly kicked from the party just before a map loads for no known reason.

19) Over hyped and under produced.

20) Storylines are not interesting at all.

21) Most hilarious one of all! AIMING ASSIST! What the hell? This is a war game not hello kitty's island of adventure. What kind of game gives you aim assist (autoaim in many cases) absolutely awful.

Everything Moochy said above I agree with, BO and MW2 is like playing with lasers.

EA's Battlefield series has always had that true war game feel about it. It makes it a little arcadey whilst it's at it. The fact people think a tank WOW AWESOME! No... really it isn't you can be awesome but there are so many people who know how you shove a potato up your tail pipe. With vehicles and large maps there is a lot more to do and a lot more ways to do it.

Call of duty has always been a game where pulling the trigger first = win, if of course you don't lag have an unfortunate run in with the hitbox issue or anything else that causes CoD to be a declining game series. COD1 was just like that, you would spawn on just hold fire to kill anyone, if you wanted to win you would use the Russian PsPH or whatever if you wanted to die you would try to use any other weapon.

:zz

I have a strong disliking of it now. The single player has been okay, just completed it a few days ago. Zombies has been fun, really enjoy it. But Online multiplayer is a major dissapointment. I also went back to MW2

Simon, Red Dead is a quality game isn't it!

But im occupied with Gran Turismo 5 and Guitar Hero now :D

James.

all my friends were so excited to find out about Black Ops, to find that it was OK. im currently right past the part in vietnam, which seemed impossible, and i would agree that i liked MW2 better. i just dont get the storyline getting shocked in a chair by some computer.

Bought BFBC2 and Vietnam expansion today as it was on discount on Steam, it was even cheaper on EA site but I absolute despise EA downloader. All I can say is the game is amazing... I've played quite a variety of war games later and nothing really touches the "realism" of Arma 2 with bullet drop/wind/deflection and everything but BFBC2 has more of an arcadey feel but really gets you feeling as if you're in the middle of a battle. I think the massive amounts of dust clouds, fire and mostly the audio help that.

Graphics are pretty good and compared to many other battlefield games EA have brought out I have experienced absolutely no lag, just my OC processor finally breached 50 degrees.

the audio on BC2 is astounding. dont know if youve found it, but in the audio options you can turn the sound to 'war games' or something like that, int he menu where you choose stereo or headphones or whatever. this adds extra ambient war noise to the game, like choppers flying about, shells flying everywhere etc. its mega.

Yeh the sound makes the game something else, however I do feel that the Vietnam "expansion" is more of a beta which we've paid for, don't think that it's worth it. the statistics of the weapons are way off too, I keep getting sniped with light machine gun/AKs. The map designs are pretty poor as well on Vietnam too many choke points and allowing people to grenade spam just ruins it.

BC2 is great though.

never understood prestige mode, start all over again? :fun:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back