How many mollies can go in my community tank without overstocking?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

10 neon tetras and 6 otos in a 29-gallon tank. How many mollies can I add without overstocking?
Don't add mollies. They are hard water fish and neons are soft water. Just add more neons and/or dwarf cichlids if you want more fish. Make sure that water parameters match before you buy.

So how many cichlids?
Make sure you get dwarf cichlids like rams/apistogramma, and then you should only get like a pair or something. I'm sure there are members who can recommend things about dwarf cichlids better than I do.

I think a pair of small peaceful rams would work out since they wont be aggressive to the other ram or the tetras

Rams wouldn't work with neons and otos because rams need a temperature higher than the other two. Apistogrammas would be better, there are several species to choose from.

Don't rule Rams put completely, only M.ramirezi (Blue Rams - plus all of the other morphs, gold, purple, electric blue etc) require higher temperatures. M.altispinosus (Bolivian Ram) would be compatible with Neon Tetras and Oto's from a temperature perspective.

I had read Sgooosh's post as meaning just M. ramirezi :blush:

I had read Sgooosh's post as meaning just M. ramirezi :blush:
Dont worry i dont know much about rams either sry…. I like the apstio with the fire on its fin

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back