How many litres for single aggressive honey gourami?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sunnyspots

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have an aggressive honey gourami who even attacks his mate (and she's pretty mean too!). I've had to remove him from the community tank for the sake of the other fish and isolate him. He's currently in the hospital tank. What size tank would be appropriate for him long term?

On seriouslyfish they reccomend a 60cm X 30cm for a single pair. I believe that's a 25 gallon. So I would say a 25 or 20gallon for one individual, which would give you room for aquascaping😄

Could you try adding 2 more females in with the existing male and female? I've read that when in groups aggression is spread fairly when there's only one male but multiple females

Could you try adding 2 more females in with the existing male and female? I've read that when in groups aggression is spread fairly when there's only one male but multiple females
Good idea, but I've bought another tank now! It is big enough for the pair. I could swap with the peacock gudgeons though....

Hey :)
60 x 30 = 60 litre, for a pair. 30/35 litre densely planted could suit this bad-tempered one :lol:

I feel he could do with a punch bag rather than plants grrr :angry:! I've actually bought a 70l and the almost equally mean female will have to go in with him. She started terrorising the tank once he'd gone! And both of them actually hunted out the peacocks - not just going for them when seen in passing. They've put me off gouramis :confused:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back