how many guppies can i put in my one galon tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

[email protected]

Reaction score
i have a one gallon tank and i want to put as many guppies as i can in it that the guppies will feel comfortable with...so does ne one know wats a good number?

i have a one gallon tank and i want to put as many guppies as i can in it that the guppies will feel comfortable with...so does ne one know wats a good number?
I'd say probably one, maybe two, but I'm not exactly sure, as I don't raise Guppies. Maybe someone with Guppies can give you some more detail.

Pamela
aka Lizard

I agree with "Lizard".

Also, consider the waste the fish produce in relation to the small volume of water in a one gal tank. ;) One inch of fish per gallon, or one fish per gallon. Good luck.

I have a 10gal with 4 Guppies, and their breading is good. I have a 20gal with 3 Guppies, and 5 other livebearers- this tank the breading is slower.

I guess you can put up to 10 guppies if the tank is well filtered and maintained

The fish probably wont breed as much
10 is the absolute MAX!

Well, if your talking in US gallons then I wouldn't put any at all in the tank because guppies need several friends to live with and if it's US gallons your talking about, then I wouldn't put any. :(

Juggernaut22988 said:
I guess you can put up to 10 guppies if the tank is well filtered and maintained

The fish probably wont breed as much
10 is the absolute MAX!
Ten guppies could go in a 10 gallon tank. I would not recommend putting 10 guppies in a one gallon tank. One, two at the most (unless they're little fry) could go in a one gallon. Any more than that and they would be severely overcrowded and therefore unhappy.

Pamela
aka Lizard

:/ One or two will do.......

Fish need to have more space and oxygen...

I wouldn't personally use a 1 gallon tank for anything other than a fry tank or hospital tank.

The IFGA "rule" is 1 guppy per 1 gallon ( US ) . Do you have a filter and heater in the tank ?. With oxygenation you can get away with 2 same sex but to be quite honest I agree with Anna and suggest you only use that 1 gall as a hospital or fry tank.

sorry

Colin

:rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back