How many fish can I keep in my 54L tank?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Omar1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Omar new to this group and also the hobby so please go easy on me. Iā€™ve purchased a 54 litre tank the overall size is H37, W33, D62cm. Itā€™s got a 300 litre an hour water pump too.

Iā€™m looking to purchase a Betta fish and also have a few tank mates, however I do not want to overstock the tank a few fishes Iā€™m interested in keeping with the Betta are:

Cardinal Tetras
Rummy Nose Tetras
Ember Tetras
Harlequin Rasboras
Celestial pearl danios
And also some bottom dwellers in the future (Not any time soon)

I would love to keep them all but I understand it might not be possible, as they can get overcrowded and also they are mostly schooling fishes. If possible how many of each am I able to keep?

And if not how many types of fish do you guys recommend and what numbers?

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Omar new to this group and also the hobby so please go easy on me. Iā€™ve purchased a 54 litre tank the overall size is H37, W33, D62cm. Itā€™s got a 300 litre an hour water pump too.

Iā€™m looking to purchase a Betta fish and also have a few tank mates, however I do not want to overstock the tank a few fishes Iā€™m interested in keeping with the Betta are:

Cardinal Tetras
Rummy Nose Tetras
Ember Tetras
Harlequin Rasboras
Celestial pearl danios
And also some bottom dwellers in the future (Not any time soon)

I would love to keep them all but I understand it might not be possible, as they can get overcrowded and also they are mostly schooling fishes. If possible how many of each am I able to keep?

And if not how many types of fish do you guys recommend and what numbers?
Hi Omar welcome to the forum :) from memory London has quite hard water so your best option on that list are the Celestial Pearl Danios, also check out their relative the Emerald Rasbora which has stripes rather than spots but both are nice fish :)

Your betta may struggle in hard water but most of London is hard water so any Bettas you see locally will go into hard water so as long as you set the tank up right and keep on top of maintenance I dont have a problem with that :) Others might have other advice though.

Also to mention some Bettas just dont do well with tank mates but there are other members here better with Bettas than me to chip in on that :)

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back