How many females?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DannyBoy17

Fishaholic
Reaction score
How many female bettas can be kept in a "tank" that is 22'' (l) x 16'' (w) x 6'' (depth)?

The filtration will be far above average, I had some extra bioballs and a left over spongefilter, so I designed my own model B) Heres a pic of it:

bettaplusdiy002.jpg

Its a gallon of bioballs, although there isnt a huge flow of water, just a continuous slow supply from a air pump.

--Dan

Hmmm.. using those dimensions I got about 9-10 US gallons. Is it rectangleular? I'd say....5? Five or six.

Just the girls in there, danny, or do you want a clean-up crew too?

I was thinkin 5 or six too. Im goin to have some live plants in there, I doubt I'll use a clean up crew (although I was thinking about turning it into a firebelly newt home ;) )

Edit: I can't type properly today...

--Dan

6 seems to be a bit much in such a small tank. It might work, but you would have to really plant it densely.

Sounds like a good plan. :thumbs: If you decide you want a clean up crew, I'd go for 5 girlies and 4-5 pygmy cories. Don't know anything about firebellys, except that I killed one about 10 years ago before I knew enough to properly care for him :-( , so I don't know if they'll do okay with your girls.

Well, that was before the idea of the girls. I think he would eat them. That Cory idea is quite tempting though...I wouldnt mind tryin my hand with them. Im ogin to let the tank mature a little more before I put Cory's in though. Like you probably noticed when you saw the dimensions, this tank has a ton of surface area, but not a lot of depth...kinda makes me wonder if its a good grow out tank for a Hujeta Gar...which I am hoping on getting for my 100g NW Cichlid tank

Too many possiblities!

I wonder if the gar would bother female bettas, the ones I saw were fairly small (4-5'')

*sigh*

--Dan

If they're anything like the gar at our family's cabin in Indiana, I'd be terrified to put them in with bettas. Those teeth look nasty! :crazy: :lol:

DannyBoy17 said:
How many female bettas can be kept in a "tank" that is 22'' (l) x 16'' (w) x 6'' (depth)?

The filtration will be far above average, I had some extra bioballs and a left over spongefilter, so I designed my own model B) Heres a pic of it:

bettaplusdiy002.jpg

Its a gallon of bioballs, although there isnt a huge flow of water, just a continuous slow supply from a air pump.

--Dan
Wou! you are very high tech in that homemade filter. :lol: :lol: :lol: Is that really work?
Maybe you can put 3 females.:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back