how many bags of gravel to make a 3" substrate for fluval roma 240

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jasiep89

Reaction score
Hi i am buying a fluval roma 240 aquarium does anybody know roughly how many bags of gravel it will take to make a 3 inch deep substrate its the first time i will have owned a 4 foot aquarium always had 2 foot largest being a juwel rio 125 which was 31 inches

Do you know what type of gravel it is? It's difficult to say but you could work it out based on the density of the gravel and the area you wish to fill.

1) figure cubic inches of gravel needed... length times width of aquarium times desired height (in inches)

2) measure cubic inches of one bag of gravel..approximate lengths) times width times height (in inches) of bag. Divide result of step one by result of step two to figure number of bags needed.

1) figure cubic inches of gravel needed... length times width of aquarium times desired height (in inches)

2) measure cubic inches of one bag of gravel..approximate lengths) times width times height (in inches) of bag. Divide result of step one by result of step two to figure number of bags needed.
Thanks i'll try that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back