How Long Until She Drops?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oh no, sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately that does happen sometimes

Oh no, sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately that does happen sometimes
:-(
I can't find the male. I haven't seem him for a while and he's bright yellow. I hope he's not lying there dead somewhere :sad:

I would have a good look for him, if he has died then his body could've caused an ammonia spike which in turn could've killed the female

omg .. I'm so shocked! I can't believe it. So sorry for the loss :(

I'm shocked too. I can't believe it.

Unfortunately this does happen with guppies.
Both of my black tailed females died in much the same way.
Platys however pop them out, at all too regular intervals!

I have never had any luck with guppys it's my own fault I can't help myself, everytime I get them-even with the water being spot on they are up the top of the tank circling and then they just drop like flies but the other fish are fine. It's so frustrating. I'm sure my mickey mouse platy female is pregnant. Her belly is quite round, and she has a spot. I will be so paranoid about her lol but she can hold her own, she chases the male away and everything :rolleyes:
I still haven't found that male :blink: but i've tested the water and it's still 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites just now.

Tbh I gave up with guppies, like you, no matter how good I kept the water, they died, though the babies that some had survived & did well.
I have platys now, with some Oto's & a female Betta
Had no problems at all with them, in fact they're doing so well, the males are going to the Lfs this week

Tbh I gave up with guppies, like you, no matter how good I kept the water, they died, though the babies that some had survived & did well.
I have platys now, with some Oto's & a female Betta
Had no problems at all with them, in fact they're doing so well, the males are going to the Lfs this week
I didn't like platys to begin with because they are a lot plainer than guppys but the male I found was a hi fin and I hadn't seen any like him. The female is also a hi fin but also a mickey mouse platy. The other female platy was in a tank of swordtails. She is the same red colour as the male but has 2 black bars on the top and bottom of her tail.

I just found the male. Lets just say he wasn't in very good shape :blink: :-(

.... I will not recommend a breeding trap for the birth process, but you may want to move your fry to a breeding trap (for a while) after they are born..... Your setup is reasonable for a portion of the fry to survive...

do not fret!!!.... the more you check them out and fret about them.... the more you're going to loose.... It is just like that.... So let nature take it's course.... you are set up... and the fish will take care of the rest....

Your 2nd female will be ready to deliver in approximately 3 weeks time...... Guppies will breed in a wide spectrum of water conditions, so please.... do not adjust anything, add anything or change anything.....(especially when she gets close to delivering) you have a reasonable setup for natural birth...... The only thing I would change in there to increase the number of survivors..... is to add some Hornwort floating plants.

do not put her in at this stage. I had a guppy who was at that stage, and I did not catch her to put her in breeding net before that stage, but I put her in any way, and of course she died. I learned from that experience :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back