How long until birth

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I canā€™t get any photos of her, sheā€™s huge though!! She gets so scared when I go near the tank and even starts flipping out of the water, this has only started to happen in the past day or two

I canā€™t get any photos of her, sheā€™s huge though!! She gets so scared when I go near the tank and even starts flipping out of the water, this has only started to happen in the past day or two
yes leave her alone then she is being defensive, after this nursing period she will be back to normal

yes leave her alone then she is being defensive, after this nursing period she will be back to normal
Even just walking past the tank she freaks out, does this mean she is close to dropping?

oof, new pics?
A6777BC8-9D37-49A8-BB35-EF3ECE903063.jpeg
8C5B8A0D-8B11-4C88-B1CB-3450F156A834.jpeg

This was 1 of mine 1 day before birth, Not huge & she had 50 fry in a little over 3 hours & i saw her & the others eating the slower swimmers, So god knows how many she actually had

Attachments

• 20210105_182917.jpg
    20210105_182917.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 30
This was 1 of mine 1 day before birth, Not huge & she had 50 fry in a little over 3 hours & i saw her & the others eating the slower swimmers, So god knows how many she actually had
Iā€™ve got a guppy exactly the same as yours!! When should I put her in the breeder box?

She looks ready but not ready. She looks a bit round to me. They normally take on a bit of a box shape underneath before birthing. If you look closely at my pic shes a bit flatter underneath & that is what your looking for.
If shes put in the breeder too early she will abort & get stressed to the point where she can die.
Also if she gives birth the fry can be born deformed through her stress. This is what i have found personally & everybody is different or has there own way/theory

She does look pretty annoyed being in there, You can tell this by the tail if its down, Although they do this also when resting

She looks ready but not ready. She looks a bit round to me. They normally take on a bit of a box shape underneath before birthing. If you look closely at my pic shes a bit flatter underneath & that is what your looking for.
If shes put in the breeder too early she will abort & get stressed to the point where she can die.
Also if she gives birth the fry can be born deformed through her stress. This is what i have found personally & everybody is different or has there own way/theory

She does look pretty annoyed being in there, You can tell this by the tail if its down, Although they do this also when resting
Her tail goes down when she goes near the filter, maybe trying not to be push away by it possibly? Some days she looks more boxy than others, some days she looks larger and then again some days she looks smaller, I donā€™t know if this is due to how much food she has consumed.

Her tail goes down when she goes near the filter, maybe trying not to be push away by it possibly? Some days she looks more boxy than others, some days she looks larger and then again some days she looks smaller, I donā€™t know if this is due to how much food she has consumed.
CC6F1522-5E71-423A-B652-D2E5B3E646E1.jpeg

What else is in the tank with her?
Also when shes ready to drop the fry,She will try & hide from the others & start rapid breathing, This is when she needs to go into the box.
Ive had tons of fry over the years & have found that the fry numbers increase after each pregnancy & if you have any plants or covered areas the fry will hide. This worried me at first, But they will find food & hide very well plus they are faster than the adults.
If you dont catch her in time dont worry, There will be more chances next month
She will Thank You for leaving her in the tank honestly

Last edited:
I bought 4 females & the first weekend 1 of them gave birth while we were out. I spotted a couple of fry & managed to save them. The next weekend another gave birth, So i put some cheap fake plants in & the fry hid for 2 weeks until guppy 3 gave birth, then the newborn fry must of pushed the older fry out & they just starting swimming around with the parents. After a few weeks they are too big for the adults to eat, Its great to watch them grow up

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back