How Long For Ick To Show Up?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Shelly_Otterkin

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes ick to show up. I had to do a 911 of a friends tank. It had hit over 95f and the filters had cut out. I took the fish home to my hospitale tank but its way over stocked in there! Three 4" clowns loaches, a t bone rasp and 4 cardnails in a 5 gal bio-wheel! As soon as the fear of ick has passed I want to get the clowns into my 55gal. I am recycling the friends tank (20 long) and she is not getting the clowns back. Its been 48 hours and the clowns look great. Any Ideas how soon I can push the switch for the clowns? (I have always q'ed my new fish before but have never gotten this many in a shot!)

Sadly there is no answer, i could tell you to add the clown to the tank then they could come down with whitespot as they are prone to it, though the 5gal is going to be stressing them out as it way to small.

Yes, as they 5gal is way to small for them, good luck, hard decision to make.

That was a damed if I do damed if I don't. I just went ahead and did the change. They where freaking out in the 5 every time they saw something move, including one of them selfs! I just went ahead and did the switch. I may be treating my whole tank for ick in a few days. :(

I think you did the right thing, fingers crossed, good luck.

They all had spots on there noses from hitting the tank. About 15 min. after the switch they have all come out of hidding and have checked every thing out and eat when I went ahead and gave the tank some food. May be with a good diet and some live foods they will be fine.

Salt grains spots of there noses.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back