how long does it take?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Should take an hour or so depending on water temp. and recipe (and obviously if everthing is sealed perfectly). What diffusing method are you using?

Hi Guppy girl,

Most CO2 systems take anything from a couple of hours to a couple of days i think, dont quote me on that, something i read

jimboliana said:
Hi Guppy girl,

Most CO2 systems take anything from a couple of hours to a couple of days i think, dont quote me on that, something i read
My Nutrafin's take on average 5 minutes to start producing bubbles. I warm the canister with very hot water before adding the mixture then add luke warm water (approx. 35C) quite quickly to mix the sugar/yeast/bi-carb thoroughly.

should see some thing in a few hours max - if not check any joints for leaks.

Hmmmm, I came home tonight, no bubbles in the diffuser, but I do see some bubbles in the bottles. And little tiny ones coming from the bottom. No froth though.
I'm using 2 2Liter bottles and the Nutrafin ladder to diffuse.
I mixed it this way~
Filled up 2 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 tsp bi-carb
Added 1.5 liters warm water
Shook the bottles to dissolve most of the sugar
Mixed 1tsp fleishmanns yeast in 1/2 cup warm water, it absorbed some water, I stirred it, then poured it into the bottle.
Then I shook the bottle to mix the yeast and water/sugar mixture.

Did I do this right?? :/

All my connections are tight, caps, joints, the nipple for the cap is drilled in, sealed with a rubber washer and siliconed on both sides. :dunno:

Edit: the bubbles I mentioned are sort of big, there's about 5 of them in a bottle, they're sitting on the top of the water.

should be fine.

this is how i do mine.

pour in sugar, put dry yeast & bicarb in with sugar, fill with luke warm water, screw on lid, leave for an hour = 1 bubble per second

no mixing/shaking/disolving or anything so :sly: not sure what your's is up to, just be patient.

if nothing happens after 24hrs you've done something wrong.

note: yeast will be destroyed at temps over 40 degrees C, did you put hot water in the bottle or warm??

Some batches of yeast can be a bit dodgy, try again and if still no action try a diffrent yeast.

we use the dried granual yeast for bread making (hovis make the stuff we use)

we just bung the sugar a yeast together and then add the water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back