How long does it take for a glofish fry to become the length of an adult?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

awolf3303

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes for a glofish fry to become the length of an adult? I'm just trying to determine the age of my glofish.

Super random, but thanks anyway!

What kind of glofish, there are several species turned into glofish.

Can expect them to reach full adult size within 6-12 months old depending what it is.

But there's more to fry size than actual age. They grow at different rates individually, and depends on the conditions they were raised in as well. Not enough water changes and cramped conditions can cause them to stunt. They could be a runt. You can't say for sure without having hatched it yourself.

Zebra Danios and black skirt tetras should be sexually mature and close to full size in 2-3 months. The fish you buy at the shop are generally in this age group. However, it depends on how well fed they are and how big a tank they are in. If they aren't fed well, it can take 6-12 months to get to maturity.

Zebra Danios and black skirt tetras should be sexually mature and close to full size in 2-3 months. The fish you buy at the shop are generally in this age group. However, it depends on how well fed they are and how big a tank they are in. If they aren't fed well, it can take 6-12 months to get to maturity.
My glofish is a tetra. We got him/her when they were at their full size, and he/she has survived in our tank for three years. I don't want it to die :(.

Most Glofish tetras are black skirt/ widow tetras with the jellyfish gene.
If you post pictures we will be able to tell you what species it is.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back