How long do you think it will take fore my driftwood to sink?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishionistaB

Reaction score
I have a 7lb manzanita driftwood that Iā€™m waiting to become waterlogged and sink. Anyone with a similar wood size and type thatā€™s gone through this before? Any guesses on how long? Everything Iā€™ve been reading online has been all over the place as far as how long it should take. It has been 1 week and 3 days so far, no luck. Thanks in advance!
Iā€™ve owned tanks in the past but nothing to this level or this exciting. All tips welcomed, this is my first post and Iā€™m looking to discuss anything else as well :)

Attachments

• 426F8C9B-7A23-4D16-B22C-A99A07E98585.jpeg
    426F8C9B-7A23-4D16-B22C-A99A07E98585.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 176
I have a piece of driftwood thats been floating in the tank about 6 months. Its almost waterlogged enough to stick a rock on it.

Short answer, there is no answer.

I have a piece of driftwood thats been floating in the tank about 6 months. Its almost waterlogged enough to stick a rock on it.

Short answer, there is no answer.
Wow I sure hope it doesnā€™t take that long waiting for it to sink before I add my angels and more plants. Iā€™m impatient when it comes to stuff Iā€™m excited about

you could attach a rock on it to make it sink for now

That driftwood looks amazing. There's so many curves in that thing, that it should be possible to wedge it in the substrate and set a rock on it to keep it there.
Maybe a small pile of rocks would look more natural?

That driftwood looks amazing. There's so many curves in that thing, that it should be possible to wedge it in the substrate and set a rock on it to keep it there.
Maybe a small pile of rocks would look more natural?
Itā€™s weighed down with this dragon stone right now. Itā€™s maybe *almost* neutrally buoyant

I used sandwich bags with gravel in them and cable ties to weigh my driftwood down when i first got it. Worked a treat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back