How long do brine shrimp live??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mike45

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just purchased a small cup of brine shrimp from my LFS, to feed to my painted parrot and two convicts. I realised I bought too much for one serving, so i still have extra brine shrimp in their cup. The only thing is that I added some tap water to the cup, because there wasnt enough for the shrimp. So, what I am asking is, how long will these brine shrimp live, and if they die, can i still feed them to my fish?

Thanks ;)

Well they live for atleast 5-6 hours some will die. Im not sure if u should feed them to the fish when there dead, Even though I did it and it came out good. :)

Thanks, hmm the next time I would usually feed my fish would be in about 14 hours :/ so does anyone know for sure, if you can feed the brine shrimp to your fish if they are dead? Or should I feed them again within 6 hours?.. i mean i dont really want to overfeed my fish to get my moneys worth.....

:thumbs:

LOL they used to be my pets when I was about 10yr old :D

Try and keep them only in their original water. Also take a leaf or small brick or anything that is covered in algae and drop it in with them, that should keep them going longer.

In the right conditions they should live for weeks (if were talking about the same thing here).... but I remember the little critters can be hard to keep alive.... well it was for a 10yr old :D

Okay, many of my brine shrimp are dead.. :-( I checked on them this morning. But, does anyone know if I can still feed them to my fish?..or is it too risky? :fun:

not unless you fear they will rise as zombie brine shrimp, else your fish may be dinner for them.... well their brains at least.

They need to be kept refridgerated tho till someone gives you the go ahead.

Ive kept some before for well over a year!!! :p They even bred between them selves! and had babys!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back