How long did you leave your Canister tubing brownish ..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dajuyu

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I know its subjective .. but I just got to ask. Mine normally turned brownish after 3.5 weeks like the picture below. Maybe I let it run for another week or so ...

Cant resist to let it turned brown for long ... just needs to clean it all up the whole set o Canister filter.
2021-04-09.jpg

Mine looks like that too, brownish and kinda ugly. I have removed both of the tubes before and used a long flexible brush that reaches about halfway, then clean the tube again from the other end. I have a problem with the way the tubes are attached to the canister filter, I have to cut them off to remove them. Every time I do this the tubes get a bit shorter. So I wait until I just can't stand looking at them any longer to clean the tubes.

This is one of the reasons I don't like canister filters, and went to internals. I am lazy and just left them brown, as long as the filter was still working.

Mine looks like that too, brownish and kinda ugly. I have removed both of the tubes before and used a long flexible brush that reaches about halfway, then clean the tube again from the other end. I have a problem with the way the tubes are attached to the canister filter, I have to cut them off to remove them. Every time I do this the tubes get a bit shorter. So I wait until I just can't stand looking at them any longer to clean the tubes.

I am using this lil brush ... to clean up the tube/hose
2021-04-12 15_13_43-canister filter cleaner - Google Search - Opera.png

This is one of the reasons I don't like canister filters, and went to internals. I am lazy and just left them brown, as long as the filter was still working.

I might think it will still work but the water flow/turn over will decrease the longer one waits for the spring cleaning the canister filter.

the water flow/turn over will decrease the longer one waits
Clean the hoses. Agree, the build-up does affect the flow. I did canister maintenance a few weeks ago. Went smoothly, hooked everything back up and the flow was terrible. What? Duh, forgot to do the hoses. I use the same hose cleaner pictured, works "Great".
Just my .02

Yeah I cant stand looking at those sludge brownish stuff so today I did the cleaning its as good as new ...
Mininum water pressure used ... its already gushing with water ... more flow indeed .

Have you a mono with a black skirt with a dwarf Gourami. How do you manage that?
:) you notice that heheheh ,

In fact I have 4 Gouramis , 2 Paradise Fish and 2 Mono, Not to mention Blue Texas Cichlid and Convict Cichlid ...

And my Rainbow Shark is already grown from its Juvenile size .

I think itwhetu is surprised you have a mono as they are usually kept in brackish tanks rather than freshwater.

Never heard of Mono before, interesting. I looked it up and yes indeed it is a brackish water fish. It is also said in keeping Mono that large tanks are needed because these are shoaling fish needing at least six or more, plus they get large.

I think itwhetu is surprised you have a mono as they are usually kept in brackish tanks rather than freshwater.
Mono have 3 stages ,

Juvenile - Fresh Water
More than 3 years - Brackish water
More than 5 years - Saltwater

So yeah those are the three stages that they transition too ..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back