How Does A White Cat Hunt In Green Grass?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
My not so little pure white boy is amazingly good at disappearing into all kinds of places where you would normally expect him to stand out like wart on a nose.

If I had not zoomed right in on him you would never spot him.

And while he was doing his tiger impersonation it was actually raining some more. 

Tomorrow he will find it much harder to sneak through the jungle if it stops raining long enough for the mower to be put to use.

He believes himself to be some kind of white tiger, it really is amazing him being such a glowing white not only can he totally disappear in green but he is also quite an effective hunter. Luckily for the birds in my backyard the grass isnt usually that long and they have a good chance to spy him creeping up on them.

Yesterday I wish it would have shown up on camera but it was an amazing sight. The sky at dawn was all fire reds and oranges and my not so little white boy was out running about the front yard while I took photos of the sunrise. When I looked at him he was a soft reddish pink reflecting the pink glow that was all through the atmospehere. Beautiful
I have also seen him look a soft blue at night when hes near the blue christmas fairy lights.
He has an odd coat, my other grey and white cats hair (in the grey parts) goes all crimmped when there is lots of humidity and going to rain so I tell everyone she tells me the weather. It actually looks like somebody has spent hours with a hair crimper making her hair go all wavey like shes some 80's left over. But white boy doesnt have the same sort of coat and his just stays dead straight, with maybe just some of his tail hair going a little crimmped.

I've never heard of a cat's fur changing texture like that before! That'll come in handy :D is she a moggie? There are some breeds that have a curly or wavy coat.

Your white boy is beautiful.

Every cat I have ever had has been a good old moggie, actually the last three cats I have had have all been rescues as I found them as feral kittens.
Even my parents old cat that lived for over 17 years and was a black and white moggie had the weather telling coat.

Moggies are the best :) I wonder whether that's a gene in the feral colonies in your local area. We have a local gene that causes extra toes, and we also have a lot of pure ginger females, which are unusual.

If it is an isolated gene then I am guessing it would have to be at least along the east coast of Australia (which isnt very isolating), becauase the first cat I noticed telling the weather was from New South Wales and the other cats I have known that have weather affected hair have been in Queensland and no where near each other as in easy to travel distances, Im talking days of long days of driving.
I know some long haired dogs also get crimped hair usually near the base of their ears and from memory often the toy breeds like Pomeranians.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back