How Do You Make Fish Sticks Without Buying It In A Bag?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mr.September15

Chuck Norris is the reason why waldo's hiding
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make fish sticks without having to buy it from the store frozen? I hate when on the other side its soggy, and I just dont want to flip them over when there in the microwave.

You can pan fry the fish sticks on a nonstick pan with medium-high heat. But you must flip it and watch it; plus make sure it cooks in the middle and not frozen. This takes longer than microwaving though.

I've never made one from scratch but I've also never heard of anyone oven bake of microwave one as standard. Do them under the grill and turn them half way through.

I always baked them in the oven. There are probably directions for time and temperature on the package. If you put them on a cookie sheet with some frozen french fries, drizzle some oil over the fries and turn everything over about half way through the cooking time, they come out pretty good. :D

Why not make your own?

Get some cod from the supermarket, dip in in some batter, then roll it in breadcrumbs.

Not sure how long it takes to cook though

Why not make your own?

Get some cod from the supermarket, dip in in some batter, then roll it in breadcrumbs.

Not sure how long it takes to cook though

A few minutes on each side in a skillet with a little bit of oil. It depends on how hot you have the pan. Even better than cod is fried catfish! Salt and pepper, and a little bit of cajun seasoning and you're all set.

Ak! You're not supposed to eat catfish, you're supposed to feed them!

Ak! You're not supposed to eat catfish, you're supposed to feed them!

tell that to 3/4 of the rest of the world's population. :p you'd be amazed at how many fish on here are food in their native lands; my Chinese boyfriend still finds it amusing to tease me about frying up my dojo loach one of these days :rolleyes:

Im sorry i know this post is probably old but i have to put in my 2 cents been a anal cook! I love fish sticks! asspecially from scratch! I know its easy to make frozen fish sticks but i was messing around in my kicthen at work last year and came up with this.

-Any fish works! pref. white fish.

- Get a box of cheese its and a loaf of sour dough bread. Crumble both up into dust!

- scramble a half dozen eggs with JUST salt and pepper.

-Roll the fish in egg and flour, then into the bread crums.

-once the fish is breaded use 1/2 cup OLIVE OIL....Not vegetable oil!!!!! And fry the fish intill golden brown. the cheese its are the bomb!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back