HOW do you get zucchini to sink?

TorPeteO

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Alright, how do you get veggies like zucchini to sink so that catfish to eat them? Do you have to tie it to some sort of weight or something to get it to stay down, or can you just let it sit in water and (eventually) it will sink?

Thanks,
Pete

If "blanched" is the term for putting it in water in the microwave, then yes. I put it in for 30 seconds, which is usually pretty good for heating things. How long do you put it in for?

Thanks!

Chooklet said:
Arashi said:
We have an overabundance of disposable chopsticks in our apartment :rolleyes: , so I just skewer the veggie and prop in the tank, up against the drftwood.  :D  :thumbs:
OMG arashi!! My fish are going to love you!!! I never thought of that idea but that is FANSTASTIC!!!

Better try it first before I go raving about it huh!!
Heehee! Thanks Chooklet! :wub: And I seriously thought you guys were going to laugh at me. :D :*)

Let me know how it works out for ya. :nod:

i just use the wire that plants are weighed down with. i stick it up through the middle of the cucumber or zucchini or whatever and loop it around the edge and then just shove it in the ground :thumbs:

I went out and bought a veggie clip. It's in the shape of a clown fish, which I thought was pretty dumb at the time, but the more I looked at it, the cuter it got.
And no, it's not Nemo. It's just a random little beady eyed clown fish :p
It suction cups onto the glass inside and I just clip on the veggie. Pretty simple and convenient.
I think it was like 2, maybe 3 dollars.

I use the weights that come on the stems of bunched plants, just push them through the cucumber and chuck it in and away it sinks. :)

Never thought of chopsticks, I use wooden bbq skewers (snip off the sharp pokey-end). Plant weights are good, too, and I have also pushed a piece of gravel into the zucchini (has to be the right size though...too small doesn't do anything, too large splits the zucchini)

Quite Easilly.

You Get Weights Made To Hold Plants down and You Wrap It Around The Zucchini.

Don't Worry ABout Your Fish They WIll Totally Ignore The Weight.

It Looks Like a Hair tie...But Metal.

I use two Plant Weights one with fishing line attached so you can retreve it, push one in each side of a Cucumber slice.
heres a pic of my pleco eating some
Plecolovescucumber03.jpg

He sure loves Cucumber
Ivor :beer:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back