How Do You Feed Cucumber?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tag2008

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

For all you guys who feed your fish cucumber, I want to ask how you feed it?

Do you cut a small slice / chunk and drop it in the tank?

Do you skin them?

Do you disgard any part of the cucumber for your fish or is it all ok for them?

I know the skins not so tasty for us and gives me heartburn but have never thought if it has the same effects on the fish?

Thanks again
Tag

I used to just cut a chunk 1" or so wide with skin and stick a spoon thru it so it sinks.

normally cut a nice size slice off and give it a good wash then either weight it down with plant weights or stick a spoon through it just 2 keep it sunk :)

jen

Thanks Guys,

Do you give the same time limit as you would when feeding? Leave a few mins then take out whats left?

Thanks again
:good:

nah leave it in for around 12 hours ish after that it starts 2 break up and looks horrible in the tank lol :)

jen

Used to leave mine in for 24hr max, some fish prefer it when it goes a bit mushy, but after that take it out as it can start to break up in the water :good:

Thanks,

I just plonked a piece in the tank and its the first time this lot have had cucumber from me...They are hovering and sniffing at the spoon, I dont think they know what to make of it yet :lol:

Thanks again :good:

nah leave it in for around 12 hours ish after that it starts 2 break up and looks horrible in the tank lol :)

jen

yes same as me about 12-16hours after that its a bit of a mess spometimes to remove it and i just feed a whole slice with a spoon through it

I personally just cut a piece off and then put a piece of lead that you get with your weighted plants through middle, drop it in then take it out when the amano shrimp and the plec are done :) (6 hours or so..maybe less. Sometimes over night)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back