How Do You Feed Crickets To Fish? - Fish Choked During The Night

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jenste

Resurrecting the Passion of Fishkeeping
Reaction score
i have heard from alot of people that my climbing perch would LOVEEEEE crickets.... so i grabbed a bag of 12 small ones....put them in the tank....and they are all swimming around and he hasnt looked at them twice! now i have a dozen crickets doggy paddling all over my tank and grabbing onto any floating object they get too...so now I cant open the lid of my tank with out worry about crickets jumping out... what do i do?

its frustrating....i put the net in, thinking i could some how submerse them ----and like lightning they started climbing up the handle....i tried shaking them off but they just kept climbing...i ended up dropping them, net and all...into the tank. this is getting more annoying by the minute!!!!

If they're in the water, they'll be in no position to jump anywhere. Just lift the lid and grab hold of the little blighters.

We use to feed crickets to our goldfish. They lived in an outdoor water garden. Our goldfish went after the crickets like little sharks.

This is just cruel - poor things :sad:

like any other topic on this forum....if you do not agree that is fine....but was your comment really necessary? no one is saying YOU have to feed your fish live food....but for fish that are naturally carnivorous, a bit of live food here and there can be quite stimulating for them. especially fish like the spotted climbing perch who is a known hunter

so please, unless you have something constructive to add .... don't waste your own time, other posters'/readers' time, and my time with unneeded negativity. Thank you.

my fish like it when I squish the crickets a little bit, it gets the scent in the water and they still move around a lot. My climbing perch likes this, though I do it more for my bichirs which hunt by scent :p

some of the crickets are gone so some one ate them when i wasnt looking lol....my kribensis seem quite interested lol

Once they get use to them and know what they are I don't think you will have any issues getting them to snatch them.

Really it's curel for fish to eat food that they would in the wild So I guess you don't think fish In the wild should eat anything but algea. It's the cycle of life. Are eagles curel for snatching fish out a the water? Or a bear catchig salmon as they swim up stream? It just the life of animals. Do you eat meat??

I feed my leopard gecko on crickets. She'll only eat live food. So I'd be well and truly stuffed if I could only feed my pets out of a tin.

(appolagies for non fish related post)

well i found that my ACFs love crickets....i fed them the crickets that were being ignored in the fish's tank - they were bugging me lol

i feed my wild caught snake live food, its the only thing shell eat, the last time i had a wild caught snake, it died because it woudnt eat dead food and the petstore ran out of pinkys for 2 months due to bad weather.

ANYWAY... at least you didnt waste the crickets, and maybe next time try getting a cricket scented spray (yes, they exist) and spray some of the flake food to get them used to the scent, and when you feed crickets next time take one of the poor things and tear off a leg to get scent in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back