How Do You Feed Adf?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

S_J_S

Reaction score
I have 2 african dwarf frogs i feed them frozen blood worms but my fish eat them before they can get to them

does anyone know how i can resolve this ??

thanks x

I have 2 african dwarf frogs i feed them frozen blood worms but my fish eat them before they can get to them

does anyone know how i can resolve this ??

thanks x

Suck the food up with a turkey baster and release it near to them.

i had good success feeding frogs in a commuity tank by sticking some food in a cd case with one side removed( an sanded down to remove any sharp bits).
so only the frogs could get in side to feed the fish did go nuts trying to get the food tho.

the frogs died, in the end i think its was becausei only feed them on blood worms.

i now have four frogs in there own tank, un filtered at the mo. an there doing very well there singing every night an hugging. lol so think there better off on there own!

i used to drop a few bloodworms into my tank to fend off ravenous tetras and rasoras and chop up ADF bite size chunks of yummy earthworms. most of the small fish could not take these whole, and were already busy with bloodworms while the frogs rushed out blood drunk. i would put some sand in the foreground though so the earthworm chunks dont just get lost in the substrate, plus the frogs learn where meals are placed.

when i feed the frogs, i know everyone loves the blood worms, so i make sure there is enough for everyone.

also they also eat the sinking waffers and algae wafers when i drop for the cories. they are not very picky when it comes to food.

I put my ADF's food in a sake glass laying on it's side. It's big enough for them to halfway climb into, and food that floats, like dried Gammarus, will float to the top of the glass. The frogs know where their food is every time. My fish do still sneak in there occasionally and steal a piece of food.

Here's a pic of the sake glass set-up:

dbp5ac.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back