HOW DO I USE MY BLOODY PHONE?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Don't answer this thread if you can't tell me how to use my phone in simple stupid plain boring English because I am losing the plot with this and with Optus (the company that made it).

I finally got a mobile phone (never had one before and never used one) but there is no instruction book and I have no idea how to use the piece of crap.

I worked out how to put the battery in and charge it up, how to answer the calls and put it on speaker so I can hear it. I assume making calls will be similar but don't have anyone to call so that could be a while before I try.

I just spent the last 3 hours online chatting to Optus trying to get their help but was about to pop a blood vessel in my head so disconnected and walked away screaming bloody murder at them. I spent 2 hours online chatting to them last night too. I also went into the Optus store (in person) but the staff there couldn't help me and couldn't answer any of my questions. They are fuplie useless.

I don't know how to find the settings but have encountered them several times by accident. Mainly chucking a wobbly and screaming at it, then face rolling the screen. But it would be nice to know where the settings are without losing the plot and headbutting the phone.

I need to know how to use the camera so if anyone knows how to set it up and use it, post comments below.

Phone is an "Optus X Power 2" and is very close to being stepped on and then Optus gets blown up straight after that. Then I'm off to prison.

Please note, I am on a limited amount of data so don't tell me to download the stupid manual from the Optus website because it is huge and I have already wasted half my data just trying to get this piece of crap to work.

Poor you! It's hard to help without seeing your phone but to access settings on most smart phones simply drag your finger down from the very top of your screen and you should get a sort of menu....look for a little cog icon, that's your settings

The link above should help since its the full manual in plain English form...not the download but reproduced in large print...much easier to follow than trying to fathom it without a manual at all.

Here's what mine looks like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-090257_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-090257_One UI Home.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 46
Translated into simple English (hopefully) from the instructions . I haven't seen this particular model of phone so hope this can help.

To take a photo:
Touch the Home Key (round circle) and slide your finger up on the screen. You should see a camera app icon appear (along with some others). Click on that and it should take you to the camera.

When the camera app is open touch a spot on the screen where you want the focus to be and then there should be a circle on screen, press that lightly/quickly to take a photo.

To view your photos:
Touch the Home Key (round circle) and slide your finger up on the screen. One of the icons should look like a multicoloured pinwheel (red, blue, green and yellow with 4 points).

Press on that and it should take you to your photos and videos.

Swiping and phone navigation
Sorry if this bit is stuff you already know. You did say you have never used a mobile before so wanted to make sure I covered the basics as well.

Circle Key - This is the "Home" key. touch this at any time and it will take you out of whatever application you have running and return you to the home screen. Touch it and slide your finger up the screen and you get quick access to open some apps (like the camera and gallery app above). If you ever get into something and don't know how to get out of it pressing this key should get you back to the main phone screen.

Triangle Key - This is the "back" button. Basically like the back button on an internet browser. In theory it should take you back to the previous screen in whatever app you are using.

Say for example you open the photo gallery, click on a photo and now the photo is taking up the whole screen, Click on the back button and it should take you back to where you can see all the photos.

Square Button - This is the "recent apps" button. If you press this you will get "tabs" showing your recently used apps. This can be useful for quickly getting back to things you have recently used.

Now this can depend on your phone. Sometimes the tabs are show horizontally. In this case use your finger and slide it left or right on the screen to move between the tabs and press on what one you want to select.

If your phone displays them vertically do the same thing but move your finger up and down instead.

Now you can normally also close down apps from here and remove them from the recent list. If its displayed horizontally then normally you put your finger on the app you want to close/remove from the list and slide it up.

If it is displayed vertically then put your finger on the app you want to close/remove and slide it left or right.

Translated into simple English (hopefully) from the instructions . I haven't seen this particular model of phone so hope this can help.

To take a photo:
Touch the Home Key (round circle) and slide your finger up on the screen. You should see a camera app icon appear (along with some others). Click on that and it should take you to the camera.

When the camera app is open touch a spot on the screen where you want the focus to be and then there should be a circle on screen, press that lightly/quickly to take a photo.

To view your photos:
Touch the Home Key (round circle) and slide your finger up on the screen. One of the icons should look like a multicoloured pinwheel (red, blue, green and yellow with 4 points).

Press on that and it should take you to your photos and videos.

Swiping and phone navigation
Sorry if this bit is stuff you already know. You did say you have never used a mobile before so wanted to make sure I covered the basics as well.

Circle Key - This is the "Home" key. touch this at any time and it will take you out of whatever application you have running and return you to the home screen. Touch it and slide your finger up the screen and you get quick access to open some apps (like the camera and gallery app above). If you ever get into something and don't know how to get out of it pressing this key should get you back to the main phone screen.

Triangle Key
- This is the "back" button. Basically like the back button on an internet browser. In theory it should take you back to the previous screen in whatever app you are using.

Say for example you open the photo gallery, click on a photo and now the photo is taking up the whole screen, Click on the back button and it should take you back to where you can see all the photos.

Square Button - This is the "recent apps" button. If you press this you will get "tabs" showing your recently used apps. This can be useful for quickly getting back to things you have recently used.
Thankyou, the highlighted bit helped IMMENSELY :)

dot at bottom of screen brings up settings, camera and everything else.
dragging screen from top down brings up other stuff.

weee, I have a mobile phone and sort of know how to use it. Now I need to get some friends or enemies to call :devil:

thanks guys :)

LOL, I just got a text message from the phone company telling me I am on some sort of plan. I'm not sure how that is possible because it is a prepaid sim card and I told the phone company the other day I hated them, their phone, and I was going to chuck the phone in the bin after I had contacted my internet company and real estate agent. The person I was talking to (via the online chat) at the time took about 5 minutes to respond to that comment. His response was "we will skip that question". The question was what plan did I want?

I hate phone and internet companies :(

-----------------
Same stupid phone company sold me a usb internet dongle thingy so I could check my emails on my desktop pc. Turns out it doesn't work on my desktop pc and I can't check my emails.

I spent a couple of days online trying to work this out before they told me. I spat the dummy at them because it used up half the data allowance (4GB for a $40 USB internet dongle) trying to sort this out, and they said you can file a complaint via the following phone number (this was before the phone), or I could use the complaint page.

Well the complaint page requires an email and mobile phone number, which I didn't have because the usb internet thingy didn't work on my pc that has email.

I said they can write to me and apologise for lying about this or we go to court for false advertising. The person at the phone company said they don't have the facilities to write letters or send emails. They suggested I write to them by snail mail (post). I asked if their company had the ability to read letters? I was told Yes.

Awful phone/ internet companies ... AHHHHHH

I have a similar fight going on currently with a utility firm....the way that companies treat their customers is dreadful.

I live in the UK and EON who is about to be removed as my utility firm has its call center, not in the UK but in South Africa....and no departments speak to each other, everything is done via email....absolutely ridiculous

I have a work colleague who is having similar issues with EE broadband here at the moment. She’s moved house and the people who put the lines in are too busy to connect her at the moment, so EE have given her a dongle with “unlimited data”, we’re all still working from home so she used all the data and when she phone d to resolve it they said of course it wouldn’t be “unlimited unlimited”..!!? She told them to stop f$¥|ing with the English language 😂

Colin you are a true Guru, You can use Bloody and crap in one thread and get no demerit points. I used **** and got two.

Colin you are a true Guru, You can use Bloody and crap in one thread and get no demerit points. I used **** and got two.
they stopped giving me demerit points after I hit 10,000 and kept swearing :)

a bit like my mum and dad gave up washing my mouth out with soap for swearing, after I started eating the soap.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back