How Do I Use A Gravel Vac When...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mowbz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
there are 2 fry i can barely see in the tank somewhere?

I really want to get in and suck out the empty bloodworm skins the Corys have hoovered the innards from, but i dont want to suck the poor buggers up either. Their about 1/4 panda fry, pretty much transparent and appear to be lightening quick. Ive tried to get a picture but i just cant pick them up on the camera with any lens :(

Idea's?

Have you considered using airline tubing? It will create a much smaller suction, but still strong enough to get most of the gunk. Another option I've heard some folks use is a turkey baster.

The only thing you can really do is to syphon the water off into a light coloured container - examine it for fry then empty it. It will take longer but at least your fry will survive.

you got any stockings??!! if you could get some from somewhere you could put it over the end of the tube. might help a bit if you accidentally suck one of the wee fellas up!!

L :unsure:

you got any stockings??!! if you could get some from somewhere you could put it over the end of the tube. might help a bit if you accidentally suck one of the wee fellas up!!

L :unsure:

I clean the tank the same way as this. Works great.

I dont own a turkey baster...

Good job I'm not coming round your house on Sunday then.

A brined turkey doesn't need basting. Besides, the juices just run down the side and off the bird immediately anyway. Basting doesn't actually accomplish much besides let the heat out of the oven.

The only good use I've heard of for a turkey baster is removing poo from sand if you don't feel like doing a water change, maybe a name change is in order. :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back