How Do I Find Out If Their Is A Betta Club In My Area?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Durbkat

Untrainable
Reaction score
I would like to attend a betta club (if thats the thing where people bring their bettas and they get sold and judged by judges) if so how do I find out if their is one in my area?

I would suggest googling just like anything else.... Wuv helped me out and found out that I had one in my area, so maybe if you post where you are from, someone can help you out!

Well I live in Louisville, Kentucky. And if someone lives in that area or lives in the state let me know and I will google it. Thanks.

:-( None in my area except indiana but thats a long drive. Thanks anyway. :-(

Looks like there isn't any in your area....maybe eventually~ Anyways sorry I am off topic but Durbkat I just noticed your sig.... I thought you were temporarily homing your one boy in the 1/2 gallon only b/c you were treating him for biting his tail? Why are you getting another one??? Don't you think that one might bite their tail for lack of other things to do?? There is hardly enough to stimulate them in a 1/2 gallon bowl. Even if you add a plant then they don't even have room to swim at all? Sorry, but I just had to ask?

DON'T HOUND ME. But he seemed perfectly happy in thier because he swims around more, he blows bubble nest, and he looks better so I thought since he seemed fine that I could get another one. SO PLEASE DON'T WRITE ANYTHING OFFENSE OR RUDE OR ASK WHY BECAUSE THATS WHAT I WANT TO DO AND ON BETTTATALK.COM SHE SAID A 1/2G WAS THE MINIUM FOR BETTAS.

I asked you a question I wasn't HOUNDING you, so you can lay off of the caps lock. You can't expect to have a sig saying that, and noone wonder about it.... It's just like having a sig in the freshwater forum that says you have a large fish in a too small tank. I wasn't being rude to you, so I would like for you to do the same. and whether bettatalk.com says it, is irrelevant and they say that at least 1 gallon is "preferred"... some people believe that they are ok in small cups, but obviously the general consensus is that they aren't, and you are the first person to say something about lfs's that you feel mistreat their bettas by keeping them in too small of areas. So forgive me for asking you about your double standard.

I don't blame Riogal for asking, I'm looking at your sig as well and I'm seeing that your adding another betta to that 2.5 minibow aquarium tomorrow. Did you follow SRC's instructions about nuking and cleaning the tank appropriately with bleach? We are not hounding you, we just want you to have the best possible experience with your new fish, that means providing it with a clean environment that's disease-free. You obviously have a great deal of interest in keeping fish, and we're just trying to point you in the right direction regarding their proper care. If you mistake that guidance for hounding, we apologize, it is certainly not our intention. Please keep us updated regarding your new fish and feel free to ask questions. That is what the forum is for, to provide help and information. Reread the pinned topics on betta care if you'd like. I've been keeping fish for over 15 years, and I still read the pinned topics and am constantly rereading and getting new information. It's all part of the learning process.

I'M REAL SORRY everyone. I guess I got alittle out of hand with the caps lock and the reason I put the no hounding please was because when I didn't before like 8 people complained and hounded me about the tank size so I didn't want it to happen again, so sorry everyone. And lljdma06 yes I did nuke the tank and I got to go everyone because I'm getting ready to go to my lps to get my new fish. Wish me luck I find some healthy colorful new bettas to get. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back