How do I fill a tank in a tight space?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Mint

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a five gallon for my betta that Iā€™m upgrading to a ten gallon soon. However, if I get the ten gallon, it will have to go in a fairly tight space, because I have a stand for my 40 Gallon that also has a small space in the bottom for a extra aquarium. This space is just tall enough to fit everything. It is not tall enough to fit a jug of water or a bucket for water changes, though. Since I canā€™t lift the ten gallon out safely, it would need to be filled with something that can go in a tight space. Any ideas? It would need to be thin, and able to go in a pretty tight space (About 1 inch of free space for it, probably).

I would think a garden hose would suit the purpose...put a water shutoff valve on the fill end..preferably use adapters to put the valve a foot or two from the fill end.
I don't know how you could do a substate vac however.

I have a five gallon for my betta that Iā€™m upgrading to a ten gallon soon. However, if I get the ten gallon, it will have to go in a fairly tight space, because I have a stand for my 40 Gallon that also has a small space in the bottom for a extra aquarium. This space is just tall enough to fit everything. It is not tall enough to fit a jug of water or a bucket for water changes, though. Since I canā€™t lift the ten gallon out safely, it would need to be filled with something that can go in a tight space. Any ideas? It would need to be thin, and able to go in a pretty tight space (About 1 inch of free space for it, probably).
If it's that troublesome to access, then I think I'd just find another place for the tank.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back