How do I cycle a aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bettaguy08

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I might get another aquarium soon, and I know that you have to cycle it by adding ammonia to the tank, but what I don’t know is where you’ll get the ammonia from, or if there is other steps, and how often do you put the ammonia in the tank.

Pretty sure there's a million threads on here about cycling tanks....

So, I assume that worked out OK. Just do what you did last time again. If it works, don't fix it.
Yes it did work but only at the end, the beginning I had a lot of fish that died. During the cycling process , now I know how to do a fish in cycle though cause of the help I’ve gotten from here. I might try I it agian now that I know what to do during a fish in cycle

So, you need to wait until someone tells you how to do the preferred cycling method. Which I'm still trying to get my head around.

What size is the present tank and how big is the tank you are getting?

Many members do a fishless cycling as you dont risk losing any fish. It might take 5 to 7 weeks but in the end you will be sure it is fully cycled. Here is the link for the 3 methods of cycling.

So as a supplement to the fish less cycle article linked above I wrote a simplified version a little while ago which pretty much gives you a step by step flow chart of what to do.

If you already have a cycled tank you can take some of the media from there to speed of the process.

I did the Dr. Tim fishless method using his ammonia & products. It’s basically the same as methods discussed here & elsewhere but more succinct. I get lost in wordy instructions. Tim has a video of the procedure starring himself & a simple daily chart of what to do.
FD74A353-7219-408B-8F9A-99FE62D42BFE.png

I did the Dr. Tim fishless method using his ammonia & products. It’s basically the same as methods discussed here & elsewhere but more succinct. I get lost in wordy instructions. Tim has a video of the procedure starring himself & a simple daily chart of what to do. View attachment 149155
I watched his YouTube video and I’m gonna be getting the ingredients thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back