The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

well they dont stick as they dont have a tool to do so. Otos have their sucker mouths, and bumblebee gobies have fused pelvic fins to form a suction cap.
The DP i used to have used to 'sleep' in/on plants

Pretty much all Puffers sleep, nap, snooze etc. When i first say mine do it i thought the worst, then the hed popped up and i realised they were relaxing.

they normally wedge themself in the stems of the plant(s) or under sea shells

My DPs have their own favourite spots. Sometimes they "rest" on a leaf, sometimes wedge vertically between leaves, sometimes just simply lying on gravel. I've even seen one of them aligning it's body vertically right next to the internal filter in their previous tank. Perhaps it liked the soothing vibration of the motor :lol: . In most cases, they are kind of hidden away. Also, they take a while to wake/warm up after their lights switched on in the morning. Very funny fish.

I'm glad I know this now otherwise i'd have been a very worried man in the morning.

Also, they take a while to wake/warm up after their lights switched on in the morning. Very funny fish.

Does this mean I should wait longer than the general 'half hour rule' when feeding them after the lights been turned on in the morning?

Not heard of the half-hour rule ???? I don't know about other keepers but I let them wake up and start begging (swimming up and down in front) before I feed them. Usually, by the time I prepare their food and other fishes food, they are already wide awake LOL. You don't have to feed them in the morning. Most people won't have time to do that before going to work. You can always feed them in the evening. Not too late though since they have sleep time too :zz

I get up and feed them right away, 2 jobs, 14 hours, :sad: up to 6 days a week. Luckily enough theres nothing to do and i have the internet..... ;)
Your right though mine are always buzzing around by the time i get downstairs....
Just thought it may have an implication on their behaviour.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back