How do bristlenose become pregnant

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So how do they form just by eating
I don't exactly get what you mean.

To place your questions (and the way of answering) in perspective : What is your age?

What I mean is that your questions posts sometimes look like trolling, but I am pretty sure now you're quite young. If so I'll take that in account in my answers (and so will the others I expect).

I don't exactly get what you mean.

To place your questions (and the way of answering) in perspective : What is your age?

What I mean is that your questions posts sometimes look like trolling, but I am pretty sure now you're quite young. If so I'll take that in account in my answers (and so will the others I expect).
Ok I quess I’m young now everyone ok forget this post I’ll ask someone else

Because people have said to me they form eggs in ther stomach from eating lots of food and I don’t think that rite
Well they do... look, female makes eggs. Female looks for a cave made by male. Female likes cave. Female release eggs. Male release sperm over eggs to fertilise it. Baby are born.

I think you are confusing conditioning the fish to spawn by what one feeds which is not the same thing as just eating. For the female to produce eggs she needs to be eating specific foods which have the forms of nutrition required for egg formation. She needs more protein and fat in her diet among other things.

Dietary needs change for specific reasons. This applies to spawning as well as growing out baby fish. Think about yourself. Think about what you were fed when you were first born. It sure wasn't a good steak dinner or anything needing to be chewed. Then think about what you now eat. Consider what a woman who is pregnant eats.

Finally, keeping fish in an aquarium means the fish keeper mostly decides what the fish will eat. I breed or have bred a few species. Some I do nothing special for and they spawn. Others I have to alter their diet and sometimes even their water parameters to get spawning which results in babies that grow up.

When it comes to many of the small plecos we hobbyists have breeding, the female can often produce eggs in much less time than it takes the dad to tend a spawn and raise it to the free swimming stage. What this mean for you, and other pleco breeders, is we are given fully formed babies ready to be fed. And they usually require a different diet at this stage of their life than their parents do.

Finally, fish that give birth to fully formed babies are usually called live bearers. The female still makes eggs. But reproduction requires that the male must fertilize them inside her. She gives birth to fully formed babies who are ready to eat right away. This is all similar to what happens inside a pleco cave, but we cannot see it with live bearers like we can with plecos.

The potential eggs are in the female from the start, and develop in sequence with nutrition. If you feed the fish poorly, very few eggs will kickstart and the yolks will be small. The process of eggs developing to their potential inside the female can be fast in fish. It isn't the regular egg a month thing we have.
Many of my fish lay one to five eggs every day. If I feed them rich food, like whiteworms, they can produce 5 eggs the next day. On bug bites flakes, maybe 3 eggs over 2 days. With any other flakes, zero to one eggs a week.
Each female has the number of eggs her genetics provide her with, but whether they start to grow or not depends on food.
Sometimes when there is a huge rainstorm egg production goes wild because the fish senses the pressure change, and heavy rain means more food in the water for fry to grow with. It's a simple question but a fascinating set of answers when you dig into it.

Well they do... look, female makes eggs. Female looks for a cave made by male. Female likes cave. Female release eggs. Male release sperm over eggs to fertilise it. Baby are born.
Ok thanks you I actually understand this one thanks for replying.

How young you are matters in terms of education - often you just haven't had time to learn. That'll come. It doesn't mean you can't know more than people way older than you. There are people running all over the media talking flat earth, supporting the murderous political movements their great grandathers fought against and sticking their fingers in their ears whenever they hear something inconvenient. Any 12 year can outlearn those guys already.
You gain experience by being open to it, and to being alive long enough to see the possibilities. When youi're 15, 12 looks young. When you're 9, 12 is ancient. At 25, 20 looks young. At my age, everyone looks young.

How old is considered to be young
As you age you gain more wisdom and ultimately knowledge. If you're quite young, you haven't had enough experience just yet (not to mention your brain still being in the process of development). I'd say young would be under 17 - 18 years old and optimum comprehension capacity ages being around 21 - 25 years old.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back