How Did You Come Up With Your Tff Username?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
I see many different types of usernames on the forums here, and some of them are more creative than others, in a nutshell. Plenty of names which look like they have another meaning to them, some of them which are pretty obvious, and other which look like somebody couldn't think of anything and just through their keyboard on the ground in frustration and went with it :D

My name? Well, I believe it was 3 or 4 years ago, I got my first kitten, Hunter, and I couldn't think of any good names for something, don't really recall what anymore (probably a name for a dumb character on a online game or something. I used to really be into those.)

so I picked up Hunter, and stuck him on the keyboard, cause I'm a genius.

being a dumb kitten, (let's face it, kittens love elctronics) he just kinda laid on it and flopped around on it for a while, so no, it didn't automatically come out saying "Onidrase" or anything. It was more or less a giant mishmash of letters, punctuation marks, and what you would normally expect from a small tabby cat flopping around on a keyboard.

anyways, after said kitten rolled around on the keyboard for a good while and decided it' a good idea to jump off and run away to break things and scratch things up and chew on electrical cords like a normal cat does, I deleted all the punctuation marks, and all the letters that were repeated obscenely, cut out a few duplicates of the letters I wanted to keep, and that's how this username came about.

It's my screen name for just about everything. It's been so ever since. There's no real meaning to it, though Hunter was my favorite cat. Unfortunately we had to give him away after an apartment flood (and the 2 other cats that followed him, an old lady I named jazzy and another youngster who I named missy.)

I won't be able to keep cats again until I have my own apartment or house, which is why I've been growing onto the aquarium hobby.

Any extravagant (or not so extravagant) stories on how your username came about? I've love to hear them :lol:

:hyper: :rofl: No long story needed here. In the US I would only think "fish butt" when I'm confronted by my nick. Sorry for the prude. I remembered quick after joining what this means in the UK. :) Now it's grown on me. not literally. ick sry.

AAhahahahahahahaaa, it certainly gave the mods a good chuckle when you first joined! :rofl:

Mine's quite simple. Man-wife calls me Cazzie, and I'm always cold! Lol. It's morphed though, when I first started using forums it was just CoLD for many years. I miss that handle sometimes.

Out of the hundreds of nick names ppl are constantly giving me, hannah banana, Hannah Montana, hanners, nano (idk don't ask my twin brother has been calling me that for 19 years now) even pumba, i added a new one to the list, Hannah bear girl in math class called me that every day And decided that was the least embarrassing one..as for the number it was my ex boyfriends number for football

simple, Shi is my nickname for my friends, 24137 is my way OLD zipcode...lol. quite simple if you ask me...now my nickname is LoLo

Started out as turtle on MySpace, due to my small addiction to all things turtle... Then I became an ordained minister, to perform my sisters wedding. The following day I had a new tattoo of a turtle in clergy dress and the name changed to The Reverend Turtle. Always one long word though.

I'm from the US and got a laugh out of fish fanny on a UK site. Had an instructor in college that explained the differences in slang and hand gestures many years ago, between Europe and the states.

Started out as turtle on MySpace, due to my small addiction to all things turtle... Then I became an ordained minister, to perform my sisters wedding. The following day I had a new tattoo of a turtle in clergy dress and the name changed to The Reverend Turtle. Always one long word though.

I'm from the US and got a laugh out of fish fanny on a UK site. Had an instructor in college that explained the differences in slang and hand gestures many years ago, between Europe and the states.

Any pics? Sounds minnnt...

Oh yeah, and that's how mine came about. When i was younger i used to say everything was mint. Well... Minnnt to be precise. And it just kind of stuck. :blush:

Quite boring, was a HUGE fan of Asian cinema when I was younger, a mate put me on to a film called Battle Royale, it's the name of one of the characters :blush:

Cheers, Sean

My days of wild and crazy nicknames are gone from playing lots of MMOs. My name here and on other forums and on twitter is just my initials and my birth year :) Previously I have been known as SirTodge or Todge. The name is entirely non phallus related though lol.

I used to sport a goatee and I have a receeding hairline......thus I looked like Terrance Stamp in Superman II

Out of the hundreds of nick names ppl are constantly giving me, hannah banana, Hannah Montana, hanners, nano (idk don't ask my twin brother has been calling me that for 19 years now) even pumba, i added a new one to the list, Hannah bear girl in math class called me that every day And decided that was the least embarrassing one..as for the number it was my ex boyfriends number for football

hannah banana doesnt work in the UK haha, assuming you say banana like every other american ive seen. we say it as b-nar-ner. which means your name would have to be harner banana.

Mine isn't anything other than a nickname that I've had for years. I was 7 when my first niece was born. She couldn't pronounce my name properly when she started talking and the name Micko stuck. The only people who call me by my real name is my mother, father and the girlfriend (when she's angry) :blink:

I work in the lock industry.

My screen name on thepompeychimes.net is Boutros Boutros Ghali (ie a former head of the UN) simply because I was fascinated by a name whereby people give their children names which are duplicates of their surname. I was quite close to calling myself Neville Neville (the genuine name of the father of England footballers Gary & Phil Neville) FOr heaven's sake, if your surname is Boutros Ghali, don't call your son Boutros.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back