How come the store never tells you that you have

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
a good lfs will let you know all about tank cycling. and hey cram so many fish into such small tanks to have a wider variety of fish. most have incredible wet/dry sump systems although quite often ill maintained by the teenagers that work the stores. the lfs I buy from uses 8 massive wet/dry systems and a uv system for each of the wet dry's. it is the only local place I will buy fish anymore.

The lfs that I frequent is a Petco. I only shop at one, although there are several in my area. The clerks there cross-examine anyone wanting fish and won't sell them without a perfect water sample! The first time I went there and got the third degree, I was miffed, but now I just consider it a great place to buy my fish. On more than 1 occasion, I have been denied fish because my nitate or ammonia levels weren't perfect! :lol:

fishdude said:
how come they put so many fish in 1 tank?
Because the fish are only in the store for a short while and as tanked said they have huge expensive fitration systems also they only feed the fish the bare minimum to survive so there is very little waste.You will notice that the more expensive and larger fish are kept in less cramped conditions.

im new to fish keeping and ooohhhhhhh boyyyyyyy do i wish that id have been told about the cycle

i got a 'kit'.....i thought i was gettin a great bargain.....in the end tho....i had to buy a much bigger filter n new lights.....then coz i wasnt told bout the cycle i lost £30 ($60-70) worth of fish :X :angry: :-(

just wish id have known then what i know now even tho it might not be very much......another thing is tho.....conflicting advice.....ppl tell u different things and a lot of ppl dont care bout givin u the advice u need...just as long as they make their money.....glad to say on my way out of that particular store i told the ppl going in not to bother and they didnt

Some stores that don't offer refund or returns may do this to keep the customer coming and getting more fish but any smart business person will be truthfull

My Webpage

yep thats all what i was about to say they dont keep the fish long. most people who go into shops and say i want thease fish would normally know about that because they ask. like people who go to buy a pup would get perhaps a book on how to look after it. or train it or something some stores dont tell you about cycling because the people who sell you the fish dont know anything about them as with many chain stores.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back