How can you tell the sexes?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

davidsw

Reaction score
i have about four gouramis in a 10 gallon tank and i want to know how can you determine the different sexes...i would like to start breeding them and need more information...so if you can help then thanks a lot!! :D

well i'm not sure what kind....3 of them are orangish with orange lines and blue....and the other one is a blue gourami....any information about breeding them?? :p

just took a picture of them...they look like this

tank1.JPG

tank2.jpg

well, i know that the 2nd one is a neon blue dwarf gourami. i have one like it! awesome personality :thumbs: !! anyway, at my lfs they only sell males. so i know mine is a male

the top one is a 3 Spot Gourami & the other one is a Dwarf Gourami, your Dwarf Gourami is deffo a male but i dont know about the other. If all your other dwarfs have the same markings then they are definatly all males as the females are alot smaller & generally alot more silver in color

The three spot also appears to be a male. The dorsal fin on the males is much longer and flows back over the caudal peduncle. Just as an FYI, the three spot gourami is going to out-grow a ten gallon tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back