House Spider

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
I have a friend living in my fish room. In feeding fruit flies to my fish an occasional one escapes and Scott Carey here captures them. I give him extras as a reward . Scott Carey ? That's from science fiction Master Jack Arnold and his 1957 classic The Incredible Shrinking Man.
I don't know who catches flies faster , the fish or the spider. Both are quicker than the eye.
image.jpeg

Aaww! I love that you've adopted and named him! lol. I'm still somewhat scared of spiders, but if it's a chill one that stays in a web out of the way, I'll leave it alone and let it do it's thing too! Had an orb weaver in the kitchen window for months, and fed her occasionally too. But just named her Charlotte, because I'm not so original and creative, lol. Was genuinely sad when she passed away, missed seeing her right at the top of the window frame, since I'd see her several times a day.

Take good care of and appreciate Scott Carey while you have him! Do you happen to know what species he is?

Aaww! I love that you've adopted and named him! lol. I'm still somewhat scared of spiders, but if it's a chill one that stays in a web out of the way, I'll leave it alone and let it do it's thing too! Had an orb weaver in the kitchen window for months, and fed her occasionally too. But just named her Charlotte, because I'm not so original and creative, lol. Was genuinely sad when she passed away, missed seeing her right at the top of the window frame, since I'd see her several times a day.

Take good care of and appreciate Scott Carey while you have him! Do you happen to know what species he is?
No , I don't know anything about Scott other than he and his brothers are quite common. I leave him alone and let him do his thing. I'm definitely not one of those people that lets tarantulas crawl on them. I'd have a total meltdown if any spider crawled on me. They are interesting to watch. Any of them. We have a type of outdoor spider around here called a cow faced spider that gets huge and if you pull the hopping legs off a grasshopper and throw it in its web you will really see a show. They charge out and wrap it into the web super fast and then go all Dracula on it sucking out its juices. Pretty creepy but you can't help but watch.

Aww! So cool!
I agree, I like how you named him and just allow him to chill there and live his life.
Love it!
He is also pretty cool looking just sitting there

Spiders.....its that time of the year when they start stretching their legs and going for a wander around my flat

As I have said before, they are more than welcome to share my flat with me....BUT....if I actually see them, then it is curtains and a Dyson

Stay out of my sight and they can live.....woe betide them if they venture out of their hiding places and I spot them..... :grr:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back