Hospital tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guppylover:)

Reaction score
I need to set up a hospital/emergency fish tank for one of my fish. I don't know if I need to cycle it and what I need in the tank. Is there anything I can do? I just have no idea

Any tank should be cycled but in an emergency you don't have time to cycle it.

You could buy a few bunches of anacharis and leave the stems to float. They should remove the ammonia from a single fish with no problem. You'll need a light for the anacharis and a heater set to the same as the main tank. Caves made of plastic or even sections of plastic drainpipe to give the fish somewhere to hide. If you have some a thin layer of sand or gravel on the bottom. And a gentle filter of some sort just to move the water round.

Any tank should be cycled but in an emergency you don't have time to cycle it.

You could buy a few bunches of anacharis and leave the stems to float. They should remove the ammonia from a single fish with no problem. You'll need a light for the anacharis and a heater set to the same as the main tank. Caves made of plastic or even sections of plastic drainpipe to give the fish somewhere to hide. If you have some a thin layer of sand or gravel on the bottom. And a gentle filter of some sort just to move the water round.
Is there a specific light I should have for the plant and is there any products you can tell me about plus the price

I know that some people use a table lamp next to the tank for something like anacharis. Saves buying a new tank light if you have a suitable table lamp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back