Horse Sports

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

oneponygirl

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Am I the only one into horse sports? I sometimes feel like it, definitely no one in my family is, my hubby isn't and my best friend can't stand anything with hair that isn't a blood relative practically which pretty much excludes all things with four legs. So it's just me and I'm usually OK with that but now we're smack dab in the middle of the Triple Crown and it's just too frustrating to not have anyone like minded to talk it over with. Especially since the Preakness on Saturday, I like to think I'm not the only one in the world who cried when Barbaro broke down at the beginning.

i don't ever really watch them, but i do ride pretty religiously, and my boyfriend works at an eventing barn.

Jealous! I used to ride and work at a barn, actually worked at a couple so far, but haven't since I got married. Not that hubby's opposed but he was Navy and we moved a lot and money and time and such. Now I'm halfway through "cooking" another kid and don't think my new doctor would enjoy me taking it back up in the middle like this. Someday I'll make it work out again. For now I have to get my fix via TV, books and movies.

No idea what those things are :lol:

But over here i get really annoyed cos the only horse sports that are on TV regularly is racing and i dont like that much!! They used to have more showjumping on but theres nothing at all now. We had about 3 hours of Badminton coverage which was ok, but thats about it for the year now :rolleyes:

Am I the only one into horse sports?

Nope, I'm an addict too. I have way too many horses at my house currently! We're pushing 30. :S I don't watch them much, except for the Triple Crown and eventing when it's on. But I go a show basically every weekend...so I see them live.

The Barbaro incident was so sad! I've know a few horses who had to be put down because of a broken leg. I'm so glad he came out of surgery with a 50/50 chance. I know it sounds terrible, but that's better then the others I've seen. Hopefully he comes out of this good as new. :)

Me too. I've been a Ruffian fan all my life, even named one of my dogs after her. Years ago I read an article in Equus that stated that if Ruffian had had the benefit of todays technology she would have survived her break. It broke my heart to see Barbaro pull up. I've been following the updates pretty much every day since the accident. You can go here Barbaro News to check up on him, even send him a get well message. :)

I've been eating up the pics of your new babies. The farm I worked at bred Arabs but also had some mini's, a pair of Shires and one solitary thoroughbred that was used to tease the mares to see if they were ready for breeding. Poor fellow never got any action himself though. There were about 300 horses on the place and about the same number in llamas and alpacas. I liked the job but not how the place was run. The babies were always the cutest though.

:lol: i worked at a farm that bred mainly irish draughts and sports last summer and their TB stud didn't know how to mount a mare, he went at the one sideways. lucky for him Belle wasn't a kicker like the other mare :X I have the same feelings about the place as you had about yours though, i liked the work, but not how things got done. Taught me a lot about what NOT to do which i suppose is just as important). As long as I got left alone I was a happy camper :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back