Horse-faced loach

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thomas A. Anderson

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Anyone got or had these?

I've had one for some time now, it likes to burrow deep under the gravel which is normal, he eats ok and everything, but he is extremely skittish and nervous.

I just have to move my hand and he dashes off and burrows himself again.

Seems like he's been on the caffine :rolleyes:

We have one in our 30g community tank and like yours he is extremely nervous and spends half his life buried in the gravel however this is not a bad thing,not only does he turn the gravel over preventing any build up of toxins he provides hours of entertainment playing "spot the horse head" :lol: :lol: Seriously though i've read that they can get to 8" has anyone ever had or seen one this big as it seems pretty unlikely since ours has been 3" for a long time now.

Hi ya

My other half has one and we've only ever seen him twice!! The only time its come out is when an eel went to bury himself where he obviously was and when my other half picked him up in some gravel, gave my other half a bit of shock jumped a mile he did!! But yeah he is very skittish and nervous too. ur lucky if u see urs more than we do cos their a stunning fish. I've been looking for a few for my tank but we keep finding the ones that don't bury themselves and thats not what im after!!

My other halves one is about 3" too well when we last saw him!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back