Horrible Worm Thing, Freaky!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Since Barry P reminded me of piranhas, 5 RBP will need more like a 500l tank not a 180l one (but you probably already knew that).

--Yep already knew that, they're getting 170gal/750l tank in the new year when we've got our lounge sorted enough to build one!

I heard that salt would kill leech's? If so could i put some aquarium salt in to just kill off all of them?

Theres NO WAY i would want to keep them, they freak me out tooo much!

Leeches arent attracted by blood ;)

Leeches and many other waterborne parasites use chemoattraction to locate their hosts, i.e: the concentration of substances given off by their hosts such as urea or ammonia.

Leeches will move towards higher concentrations of these things because they indicate the general direction of a potential living host B)

Just pick em up and get rid, nothing to panic about

m mm m m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

HEY!

Leaches arent that bad all they do is suck blood. But I dont think the pirahnas will let themselves get bitten by it. Its true they need no mate to reproduce but takes a while. I say these might become pest in near future so its really what u do with them. I would in personal opinion kill them in a humane way since its not there fault people dont like them. By the way I really like pirahnas and would love to see urs. But I read u have no camera 2bad. :sad:

Dwarf Dude- I really dont like the rep pirahnas get either. But I think most Accidents happend because the fishkeeper was innexperiance with a fish like that. In my opinion you must have have years or months learning about pirahnas before u get one dont u agree?

Does the Leach look a little like this?
mleach.jpg

'well, would you stick your arm in a tank full of piranhas with no glove?'

- Yes i do every week when we do their water change, what i wouldn't do is stick my finger in because they wouldn't realise it was me and not a white bait!

When i put my whole arm in, or even a hand they all huddle up in a corner like pussies! in fact thats what we call them most of the time

Pink Panther- no the leach was dark grey and more gross looking

Does anyone know if salt kills them?
i know it's not their fault they're freaky blood sucking worms but they're still an uninvited pest and i kill the snails regularly to keep the numbers down- i know, i'm merciless!

Yeah but i can't pour hot water into my tank can i!

thats the thing, i can't see anymore leechs but just because i can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there!

the last one was stuck up inside an ornament, we only found it by chance and we can't molest the tank too much coz they get stressed really easy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back