Hornwort

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

NanaWells

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just received my hornwort it is packaged really well but itā€™s more brown than green Iā€™m new to plants in my tank what is the proper way to plant in my tank and what do I need to make it thrive I havenā€™t been able to set up a QT tank yet so how should I proceed
Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some Hornwort floating on the surface of 5.5 gallon tank. My Betta loves it. I think it's really best as a floating plant. From what I have read floating plants require liquid fertilizer.

Hornwort does not get planted and regularly falls apart when taken from a coldwater pond and put in a tropical aquarium. If you get hornwort for a tropical tank, try to buy it during the warm weather so there is less difference in temperature between the growers and your tank. Alternatively try to get some from another tropical aquarium.

If it goes soft and brown it is dead and should be removed.

Hornwort does not get planted and regularly falls apart when taken from a coldwater pond and put in a tropical aquarium. If you get hornwort for a tropical tank, try to buy it during the warm weather so there is less difference in temperature between the growers and your tank. Alternatively try to get some from another tropical aquarium.

If it goes soft and brown it is dead and should be removed.

Thank you so much I kind of figured that I had already gotten rid of it didnā€™t put it in his tank it had a little to much brown on it. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iā€™m going to wait until summer to get some maybe by then I will have a fellow fishkeeper that will sell me some nice healthy stuff
I agree. I gave up this year when I kept receiving smelly, soggy plants. I think Spring is good before they get too hot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back