Hoping to catch axies on camera

OP
JennySolano

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Leave your poor little guys alone and let them sleep. There is no need for you to know what they are doing in the middle of the night.
DISAGREE! It my duty as a responsible pet owner to provide optimal conditions for their health & longevity. My research and the caudata forum confirms mating & spawning can stress a female to the point of death. These are nocturnal animals who are active nights & the infrared camera disturbs them in no way. It’s pitch black as usual in the room.

Sally’s moving to her own tank ASAP. The husband says the console I want the tank on is sagging slightly from the two ten gallons already there. One has water, but currently not in else. It was a former plant quarantine tank. The other has a few growing cichlid fries, soon to be moved to a larger tank in another location.

Matt says it will be simple to use 2X4’s to strengthen the console. Highly likely this will transform my lovely black plant console to ugly, buy c’est la vie.

OP
JennySolano

JennySolano

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Sally has become more active since the separation. I see her often daytimes, didn’t happen when she was with the male. She’s grown since I last got a good look at her. For the last few days I wondered if I moved Mander from the 40 G. No big deal. Goal was to separate them.

Confirmed Mander (wildlife cam) was indeed left in the 40 G by his characteristic nocturnal high activity level last night. Sally moved about but was less active. Matt (the husband) was stunned to see her swim to the waterline yesterday & was convinced she was Mander. But the cam proved him wrong.
46FF24FB-5C60-4CE2-9DE5-94FD6469B6F9.jpeg
3E8A2435-4AAB-44E4-A729-A4B4531F90EB.jpeg

Most reactions