Honey gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So I now have 7 in my group. The original gang has grown a lot and I've certainly learnt a lot regarding sexing them and can definitely confirm that colouring means NOTHING 😂😂 out of my 2nd lot (the silver coloured ones) they are identical other than the female has a slightly (and I mean slightly!) blunter dorsal but nowhere near as definined as the yellow females. The silver male gets a dark inky blue belly quite often. This was a fish sold to me as a definite female due to its colouring 🙄

I have since found a shop who guaranteed the sex and spent time looking at the tanks with me to 100% confirm they had females. I got two from there and they are fully grown with extremely rounded fins, blatent females. Since adding them all has been well and now the others have grown I can confirm most were male but I now have 4 females and 3 males in stock and they are really happy and very entertaining to watch. Females like to mind their own business as a group and the males are far less aggressive to each other, half assed chasing now lol Luckily no damage was ever done!

Some of the gang, love them!

Attachments

• IMG_20211117_171340_edit_23449422317775.jpg
    IMG_20211117_171340_edit_23449422317775.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20211117_171317_edit_23427018072987.jpg
    IMG_20211117_171317_edit_23427018072987.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 73
Hi

I do not see any male in breeding color. If the conditions were right they were always in breeding color. That also explains why everything is so peaceful currently.

Does the tank still look like on the first pictures? With an empty surface? This and a too much current prevents the males from claiming territories.

Hi

I do not see any male in breeding color. If the conditions were right they were always in breeding color. That also explains why everything is so peaceful currently.

Does the tank still look like on the first pictures? With an empty surface? This and a too much current prevents the males from claiming territories.
There is no image of that male. That is "some" of the gang, not all.

Things weren't peaceful but now they are which is why I updated this thread.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back