Honey gourami tankmate question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I recently got a honey gourami, currently in a tank with 8 zebra danios, I donā€™t know that I want another honey gourami, so my question is do they go well with other gouramiā€™s? Or it it strictly honey with honey?

What is the pH, GH, and KH of your water? What is the size of your tank? What temp do you keep it at?

What is the pH, GH, and KH of your water? What is the size of your tank? What temp do you keep it at?
Iā€™m basing this on temperament with other gouramiā€™s, however, itā€™s a non issue cause I went with another honey gourami. Thank you tho.

All labyrinth fishes (Bettas & Gouramis) are territorial and fight with other species. Sometimes you can mix different species but normally they do best when only one species is kept in the tank.

You can have a male and female of the same species, but try not to mix different species of labyrinth fish.

I have had honey gouramis with many other fish. Honey gouramis (unlike many other gouramis) are social to an extent. If you can try to get 4-5 females to each male, the males tend to be more aggressive. Actually one male becomes dominant and the other stays away, lol. In my 125 gallon I have a slew of gouramis-almost all females including 4 female honey gouramis. I also have (female) gold gourami, snakeskin gourami (3), moonlight gourami (2), and pearl gourami (5). I do have 2 male pearl gourami but one is two years older than the other-which is under a year. The tank is big enough where they have no issues.

The honey gouramis were moved from a 75 gallon (when we moved and broke the tank down). In the 75 we had 12 honey gouramis; 9 females and three males. They all got along well-especially the females which tended to group together while the males swim by and show off. Sure the girls aren't as flashy, but they are pretty to me nonetheless.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back