Honey Gourami - Tail Fin Fight

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LCFC_Rallsie

Reaction score
4744A7BC-93DB-4DBB-AC78-ED9DBACE2AD4.jpeg
A mating pair of Honey Goirami’s have been getting on great, however - they’ve started fighting and one has taken a beating to their tail fin… is there anything I should / could be doing?

Thanks so much

the main thing here is separation without this the fighting is more than likely to continue and become more serious

fins recover over time as for meds you should research the meds you need as different ones react differently with different fish

checkout the Thread-Medications-use and miss-use
for reasons why i dont reccomend any specific medications myself

Last edited:
also in the longrun it would be a worthwhile investment to make sure you keep 4-6 of these fish 1 male to 2-3 females to curb agression during breeding

i myself keep Dwarf Gourami but only 1 male no females so no aggression if i had a bigger tank id keep 1 male and buy 2 females

Last edited:
yeah seperate the fish and then treat with meds
Lol you recommended meds and then gave a link to why you don't believe in using meds. What? Also for fin damage on an otherwise healthy fish - we wouldn't use meds. A bit of salt and clean water and the fins will grow back. They don't always look the same or grow back all the way but they'll grow back.

Lol you recommended meds and then gave a link to why you don't believe in using meds. What? Also for fin damage on an otherwise healthy fish - we wouldn't use meds. A bit of salt and clean water and the fins will grow back. They don't always look the same or grow back all the way but they'll grow back.
no why i dont perscribe them myself look again.

Obviously you would need to research how much salt your species can handle and only go as high as they can handle. "Too much salt" is bad for ANY fish. That is the definition of too much.

Obviously you would need to research how much salt your species can handle and only go as high as they can handle. "Too much salt" is bad for ANY fish. That is the definition of too much.
gourami are especially delicate when it comes to salt...do some research

One of the worst things you can do to your aquarium is flood it with unnecessary chemicals.

You should only add chemicals to your aquarium when it’s absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back