Honey, Blue Or Flame Dwarf Gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pumpkinnose

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm still debating on which Gourami to get for an aquarium. At this time I don't have an aquarium that will support anymore fish but looking to get a bigger tank next year. I want something to show case in my tank and am looking at these three. I want color to the tank and was at first looking to get a trio of Honey Gourami, but after some more investigation I found out that the Honey are suppose to be difficult to care for while the other two are moderate. This will be my first time getting the Gourami and am looking at adding them to an aquarium that will support:

9 platies, 1 pleco, 6 marbled hatchet, 6 peppered cory cats and the three gourami.

I'd prefer to know what I want ahead of time then get to a store and get something and decide it isn't want I want.

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to care for the honey or if there really is any difficult in how to care for these three.

Also which would add more color to the tank. From the looks of it I will have more black and white to the tank then anything else. There will be orange to the tank if I'm lucky enough to keep my sunburst platies I already have when we move. And then again I may have to start from scratch on the aquarium if the fish don't make it through the move. And I'm still debating on blue, bumble bee, or White MM platies to add to the aquarium.

Hello
I love my little meatball of a Peppered Cory btw. They are such fun to watch. I have had my Dwarf Neon Blue Gourami for a few months now and I love his colors. They shimmer and turn color a bit at different times of day it seems. He's not just moping in one area all the time and I like how he plays with my rainbows and tries to steal bit of food from the black mystery snail on the bottom of tank. I was surprised to see him basically all over the tank. He was pretty but obviously bored at the store, but i got him because of his beauty. Glad he found some personality :D Good luck with whoever you bring home.

Honey Gourami have the advantage that they appear to be immune to Dwarf Gourami disease.

I like the look of both and my own research suggests that Honey may be easier to care for.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back