Honest opinions on my tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'll deffinilty have to look into gourami disease, just be make sure j will notice signs when they might appear 🤔 But I do believe the male gouramie is healthy, eats alot, swims alot, VERY active fish, he seems to like to stay by the swordtails xD

He also often does the main tank with me, I try to always ask him what he wants in and out, or what he wants where etc, he seems to enjoy it too 😊

I'm not sure if the fry selling to pet stores is an option here🤔 a) usually guidelines are very strict (Germany), plus, the nearest pet store is 50 km away 🤣 I know alot of people here sell fry etc in " ebay kleinanzeigen" ( kind alike a ebay crageslist)

But once I get to many, I cna always return some to the person I got them from, as many of their guppies have died unfortunately 😅

And the fertilizer is a good idea! I actually have a liquid fertilizer, I used to not have to use it alot, as I "only" had the 4 bigge rplants inside, but now I've been using it a bit more frequent since I've added all those plants! ( ofc not oversuing it, I am paying attention to the guideline on the bottle 😂)

I'll deffinilty have to look into gourami disease, just be make sure j will notice signs when they might appear 🤔 But I do believe the male gouramie is healthy, eats alot, swims alot, VERY active fish, he seems to like to stay by the swordtails xD
The glutamine has to be exposed to the disease some how for it to get it, so unless you are adding anything live to the tank I wouldn't worry much.
But it is very serious because there is no cure and can kill quick. But the up side is that it ONLY affects gouramis and nothing else... That means if your your all got it it would not spread to the other fish. But I would not get another gourami because the disease could get into the new one.
(That's if your gourami gets it, hopefully he never does)

He also often does the main tank with me, I try to always ask him what he wants in and out, or what he wants where etc, he seems to enjoy it too 😊
That sounds really nice actually! I'm sure its great having someone to help you a bit on the tank. Its hard work sometimes.
I'm not sure if the fry selling to pet stores is an option here🤔 a) usually guidelines are very strict (Germany), plus, the nearest pet store is 50 km away 🤣 I know alot of people here sell fry etc in " ebay kleinanzeigen" ( kind alike a ebay crageslist)
Most all local pet stores around the world have an option to sell or donate fish. I would ask them... But then again, soundslike your far away from your "local" pet store.
And the fertilizer is a good idea! I actually have a liquid fertilizer, I used to not have to use it alot, as I "only" had the 4 bigge rplants inside, but now I've been using it a bit more frequent since I've added all those plants! ( ofc not oversuing it, I am paying attention to the guideline on the bottle 😂)
Have you noticed any growth?
I have yet to get myself the fertilizer... I think I will be able to today though.

If you do notice growth share pics of the tank so I can compare them with the last pictures and see how much its grown in!
I love seeing before and afters :)

"Glutamine" oml... My tablet doesn't know fish names... It corrected gourami to glutamine 😂
I wondered what you were talking about in post #77. You should proofread your replies before you post them, you are making a lot of auto correct mistakes lately

I wondered what you were talking about in post #77. You should proofread your replies before you post them, you are making a lot of auto correct mistakes lately
Yah... My new phone hasn't learned fish names yet and my tablet... Well its just dumb period 😂
I know I spell things right cause I look at the word before pushing space UNLESS its a common word and I'm not actually worried about spelling it...
But stuff like "gourami", when I push space it corrects it and I don't even notice... A lot of times I don't realize until I read it over a few days later.
Just remember, if I ever say glutamine on here while talking about fish, its more than likely I'm using my tablet and it corrected gourami to that...

Yah... My new phone hasn't learned fish names yet and my tablet... Well its just dumb period 😂
I know I spell things right cause I look at the word before pushing space UNLESS its a common word and I'm not actually worried about spelling it...
But stuff like "gourami", when I push space it corrects it and I don't even notice... A lot of times I don't realize until I read it over a few days later.
Just remember, if I ever say glutamine on here while talking about fish, its more than likely I'm using my tablet and it corrected gourami to that...
I saw the Glutamine and was also confused for a sec, but I understood fast what you meant! My phone does the same auto correct stuff ALL THE TIME 🤣

I will go and attach a photo, don't mind the green Algea dots on the glass, gotta scrape the glass again but it take a bit of time and muscles 😂

So the very tall ones deffinitly have grown fast, they all have reached the top of the tank, I might have to trim them xD ( I read that you could cut and replant the cut part? I'll have to look into that, would be interesting for the hospital tank)

The "grassy" stuff hanging on some of the plants is just the carpet starter that detached itself from the gravel! The good thing is, even when floating, they continue to grow roots, so when the roots are long enough, I've just been replanting them 😂

I don't use the fertilizer alot at all, but it does occasionally help. I have a 500 ml bottle I belive, I got it with the aquarium 2+ years ago, and I still have plenty left in the bottle! 😁

I usually only fertilize when I notice that my plants haven't grown as much lately as they used to, which didn't happen often! My firdt and j til recently only plants were a few very large Anubis plants. I got those alos with the tank, it were 2 middle sized ones, now 2 years later they've reproduced to have 4-5 large ones, 1-2 small ones ( one I added to the hospital tank for the tetra)
I love that plant ALOT, they are Constantly growing, producing new leaves and offspring!

Attachments

• 20220717_061331.jpg
    20220717_061331.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I saw the Glutamine and was also confused for a sec, but I understood fast what you meant! My phone does the same auto correct stuff ALL THE TIME 🤣

I will go and attach a photo, don't mind the green Algea dots on the glass, gotta scrape the glass again but it take a bit of time and muscles 😂

So the very tall ones deffinitly have grown fast, they all have reached the top of the tank, I might have to trim them xD ( I read that you could cut and replant the cut part? I'll have to look into that, would be interesting for the hospital tank)

The "grassy" stuff hanging on some of the plants is just the carpet starter that detached itself from the gravel! The good thing is, even when floating, they continue to grow roots, so when the roots are long enough, I've just been replanting them 😂

I don't use the fertilizer alot at all, but it does occasionally help. I have a 500 ml bottle I belive, I got it with the aquarium 2+ years ago, and I still have plenty left in the bottle! 😁

I usually only fertilize when I notice that my plants haven't grown as much lately as they used to, which didn't happen often! My firdt and j til recently only plants were a few very large Anubis plants. I got those alos with the tank, it were 2 middle sized ones, now 2 years later they've reproduced to have 4-5 large ones, 1-2 small ones ( one I added to the hospital tank for the tetra)
I love that plant ALOT, they are Constantly growing, producing new leaves and offspring!
Wow, you have done really well. That looks so much better than your first photo, well done. Love it, congrats.

Looks really good now with all the plants grown in!
Nice job on planting it!!

Yah sorry bout that. Lol. Glad you understood!

It is so annoying when that happens and then you realize two weeks later like: "Bro, are you kidding me right now." 🤣

A perfect example of someone who can take constructive criticism and make improvements based off of that. Very well done.

Thank you all very very much for all of the kind and encouraging words!! ❤️ I really appreciate that! <3
Z
In the next few days I'll get to scrubbing the Glass and getting rid of those algea again, at least the grow very slowly 🤣

The fish are all doing very well!
The separated tetra is very active and it looks like his mount is pretty much functional again, he eats, he was able to nibble on the cucumber and has been hiding way less!

My mother came to my house the other day and asked if I had new fish, because she didn't recognize the gurami anymore! ( he was a bit pale and shy when I rescued him, and now he is confident and has very bright colors! ❤️)

Are are you fish all doing? 😄

Really happy to hear your tetra and gourami are doing better!
Sounds like he colored up a bunch as well!
Could we see him?
It's pretty amazing the way fish can go from no color to a rainbow of colors.

Of course! I will try to get a photo of him in the morning, he just hard to photograph cause he is FAST.
But he isn't really colorful, the Buenos Aires is silver with a black line from tail to head, and the top fin a liiiitle orange

BUT the goyrami has colored up quiet well! PLUS, we FINALLY have our first swordtail fry! 🥳

I used to have 4 Sowardtails 1+ year ago, but they never produced offspring. ( they mightve been too old, they were quiet old when I got them)

I still have to scrape my Glas for the photo for TOTM, but the akgea on the Glas scrapes off SO HARD, it takes alot of effort and muscle 🤣

Of course! I will try to get a photo of him in the morning, he just hard to photograph cause he is FAST.
But he isn't really colorful, the Buenos Aires is silver with a black line from tail to head, and the top fin a liiiitle orange

BUT the goyrami has colored up quiet well! PLUS, we FINALLY have our first swordtail fry! 🥳

I used to have 4 Sowardtails 1+ year ago, but they never produced offspring. ( they mightve been too old, they were quiet old when I got them)

I still have to scrape my Glas for the photo for TOTM, but the akgea on the Glas scrapes off SO HARD, it takes alot of effort and muscle 🤣
Yah, some fish are camera shy and fast... Bad mix 😅

Congrats on the fry @Couwu! If you have enough, you can try selling them to a local pet store. Usually they will buy them from people.

That would be great if you cleaned the algae off and sent a photo in for the TOTM!

How long do I have time again to send it in? I don't wanna miss the due date 😄

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back