Honest opinions on my tank?

Make sure you have driftwood and some live true aquatic plants in the tank for the plecos to graze on. You can also increase the lighting times to encourage algae for them to eat.

Too many plants can make it harder to gravel clean the substrate and clean up the pleco's mess.
There are a few of smaller peaches of driftwood somewhere the bottom, but I would absolutely love a bigger one, I'll look into that! For the plants, I don't quiet fallow? What are "true" live aquatic plants? As far as I know, all of the real plants in my tank are actual aquatic plants?

And yeah we know, some of the plants will be transfered to the hospital tank when they've grown stronger and have some roots ^~^

BTW, I've today, while my bf was distracted, booted the fake plants into the hospital tank and rearranged just a few plants a bit (my bf had plated one upside down lmao) so I've attached a photo of the tank today + my hospital tank^~^

There are a few of smaller peaches of driftwood somewhere the bottom, but I would absolutely love a bigger one, I'll look into that! For the plants, I don't quiet fallow? What are "true" live aquatic plants? As far as I know, all of the real plants in my tank are actual aquatic plants?

And yeah we know, some of the plants will be transfered to the hospital tank when they've grown stronger and have some roots ^~^
Some people put semi aquatic or terrestrial plants in their tank fully submerged which may survive for a little but die out in the next few weeks or months... So "true" aquatic plants are plants that are actually fully aquatic.
BTW, I've today, while my bf was distracted, booted the fake plants into the hospital tank and rearranged just a few plants a bit (my bf had plated one upside down lmao) so I've attached a photo of the tank today + my hospital tank^~^
Yayyyy... Now we'll see how long it takes for him to notice 😅😅

Some people put semi aquatic or terrestrial plants in their tank fully submerged which may survive for a little but die out in the next few weeks or months... So "true" aquatic plants are plants that are actually fully aquatic.

Yayyyy... Now we'll see how long it takes for him to notice 😅😅
OH yes, then mine are "true" aquatic plants, I checked on the website beforehand fork the company I purchased them from! They are Form "Wasserflora" the description :

"- They are over 80 individual plants arranged in bunches.
- There are 10 beautiful, strong bunches = 10 different types - No bunch is the same.
- The set includes plants for the front, centre and back of the aquarium. The plants are supplied in different colours and leaf shapes and there enough plants to fill a 100-120 litre aquarium.
- You will only receive real aquarium plants, not swamp or terrarium plants"

I put some of main tank snails into the hospital tank to eat some of the Algea, I have tons of snails ( which I adore) in my main tank xD

OH yes, then mine are "true" aquatic plants, I checked on the website beforehand fork the company I purchased them from! They are Form "Wasserflora" the description :

"- They are over 80 individual plants arranged in bunches.
- There are 10 beautiful, strong bunches = 10 different types - No bunch is the same.
- The set includes plants for the front, centre and back of the aquarium. The plants are supplied in different colours and leaf shapes and there enough plants to fill a 100-120 litre aquarium.
- You will only receive real aquarium plants, not swamp or terrarium plants"

I put some of main tank snails into the hospital tank to eat some of the Algea, I have tons of snails ( which I adore) in my main tank xD
Well it says I the description "no swamp or terrarium plants" so that's really good!
Sounds like you are going to have a LOT of plants! Can't wait to see your tank once its done!

Well it says I the description "no swamp or terrarium plants" so that's really good!
Sounds like you are going to have a LOT of plants! Can't wait to see your tank once its done!
The plants are already in the tank ^~^ the 4th picture in the main posit is how the tank looks today <3

The plants are already in the tank ^~^ the 4th picture in the main posit is how the tank looks today <3
Oh. You added a pic?... I'm sorry. I didn't see it whoops.

Ok, so you added it to the first post?
It looks really nice! I like all the variety in there of plants.

Thank you! <3 the pics are in chronological order, the 4th one is it currently ( as I just took out the small fakeplants) and I am happy that I did xD

Above the Pic I also have a description to every photo ^~^

Thank you! <3 the pics are in chronological order, the 4th one is it currently ( as I just took out the small fakeplants) and I am happy that I did xD

Above the Pic I also have a description to every photo ^~^
Ahhh I see it now. Usually on here we just add the pictures by making another post in the thread. So that's why I didn't even think about going back lol... Yah, I see the descriptions now. (I only saw the pictures before)

Oh woops, that's good to know! @thank you for the heads up xD ill do that in future posts!

Ill just attach it here again for other to notice then xD

( Main tank from today with the fake plants booted into hospital tank)

Attachments

• IMG-20220623-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20220623-WA0007.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 44
I just noticed this... Is your tank one of those corner tanks? If so that's really cool!

It is indeed! 😄 My bf LOVES fish, and since we got cats that I really wanted, I was looking to surprise him with fish 2 years ago. I was searching on ebay "Kleinanzeige" (basically a German eBay variant of Craigslist?) for tanks near us and found this one I really liked! It was about 120 bucks I belive, with the gravel, a big eHeim filter, 2 big plants and the big stone + broken ship.
The brand of this one is Jewel Aquarium.

I really liked that's its a corner tank a) cause it's a bit more unusaly and b) cause our apartment doesn't have that much space, this one fits absokutrlt perfect into our living room! ( will attach a Pic ^~^)

Attachments

• 20220623_132241.jpg
    20220623_132241.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 43
It is indeed! 😄 My bf LOVES fish, and since we got cats that I really wanted, I was looking to surprise him with fish 2 years ago. I was searching on ebay "Kleinanzeige" (basically a German eBay variant of Craigslist?) for tanks near us and found this one I really liked! It was about 120 bucks I belive, with the gravel, a big eHeim filter, 2 big plants and the big stone + broken ship.
The brand of this one is Jewel Aquarium.

I really liked that's its a corner tank a) cause it's a bit more unusaly and b) cause our apartment doesn't have that much space, this one fits absokutrlt perfect into our living room! ( will attach a Pic ^~^)
It looks really good in that corner! A nice size school of fish would really look stunning in that tank. I've always loved rasbora espei. Cardinal tetras also would look REALLY good in that setup. Maybe some corydoras at the bottom...
But I forget what you already have in there so I wouldn't add anything unless your sure they can go together. And I think you said you have a dwarf gourami. At times they can get a bit aggressive.

I will check out the fish you mentioned and they compatibilities! O. O yes, I current have in thay tank (forgive me if I get the English names incorrect) :

Antenae placo ( Antennenwels) (male)
Mosaik placo (Mosaik panzerwels) (female??)
1 dwarf gourami (male)
2 swordtails (m/F)
And a ton of guppies ^~^

I was thinking about getting 1-2 more female dwarf guramis for the male ^~
PS.

I've heard that dwarf furami es can be very territorial, he seems to be rather calm though! The only times I see him. Chasing anyone is if they get to close, but other than that, he just swaims around and minds his won business!
I've read several times that pairing them with a female or two can also calm them down since they are schooling fish?

With him, I rescued another dwarf gourami ( I THINK female) but she just passed away a few days ago u fortunately. She was VERY shy since I got her about 5 weeks ago ( those are the fish I rescued from a horrid tank and has in quarantine for 2-3 weeks prior), but maybe she was just to I'll or had something internal going on, from one day to the other, she was dead

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back