Honduran Red Point In Community Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Joeman2000

Reaction score
I have a 36 gallon community tank with 8 harlequin rasboras, 5 Celebes rainbows, and a trio of peacock gudgeons. Would a pair of Honduran red points work? If not what other types of cichlids would work? I was thinking maybe a pair of rainbow cichlids if the Honduran red point idea doesn't work out.

I wouldnt really choose HRPs as the first choice with those fish. They can be quite fiesty fish I had a pair a few years ago and they are brilliant fish and the colours are some of the best in freshwater fish but I think your Celebes Rainbows would be under threat from them.

Rainbows are a possibility but not a 100% safe bet.

For me I would be looking at a mid sized South American like Krobia Xinguensis or Laetacaras. Yellow Acaras would be a good choice as well Aequidens Metae (might be called Andinoacara Metae now though) A group of Apistos would fit very nice with the other fish a trio of Apistogramma Panduro would work really nice with the metalic blue males and the black and yellow panda females.

Wills

Thank you Wills for the info. Where could I find the appistogramma panduro? And my ph is like 7.2- 7.4. Would I need to lower it? If so what is a good range to shoot for so that my other fish will be just as happy as they are now?

Wills said:
I wouldnt really choose HRPs as the first choice with those fish. They can be quite fiesty fish I had a pair a few years ago and they are brilliant fish and the colours are some of the best in freshwater fish but I think your Celebes Rainbows would be under threat from them.

Rainbows are a possibility but not a 100% safe bet.

For me I would be looking at a mid sized South American like Krobia Xinguensis or Laetacaras. Yellow Acaras would be a good choice as well Aequidens Metae (might be called Andinoacara Metae now though) A group of Apistos would fit very nice with the other fish a trio of Apistogramma Panduro would work really nice with the metalic blue males and the black and yellow panda females.

Wills
sorry didn't know how to quote

Hi - where abouts are you from?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back